I've done it

(A/N: can you imagine loving a stranger forever :p)

Phil's parents had been away for a few weeks now and aside from some online pals and the occasional times he'd hang out with friends, he felt pretty alone.

So he was definitely elated that his brother decided to come home and visit.

"You really Like your brother huh."

"Of course, he's my brother, I used to admire him alot, despite him playing tricks on me."

"Do you still look up to him alot?" Dan said

He was currently sitting in bed speaking to his internet paL, Dan, on Skype while waiting for his brother to show up.

"I don't know about 'LOOK UP' to him, I'm taller you know"

"That's not what I meant." Dan chuckled. "But...I wonder how I'd feel if my brother out grew me."

"out-CLASSED, like how Martyn must be feeling often when with me!"

Dan grimaced in a 'calm yourself' way, "Alright."

"Yep, well I'm gonna go..."

"Huh, I thought we were speaking until your brother gets there."

"He should be here in a bit, and I don't want him getting the wrong idea."

Dan let out a dry laugh, "whAt, he knows we talk."

"Yeah, but he likes to mess with me sometimes and I'm just not in the mood-"

"-Not in the mood to flirt when I'm around?"

Phil gasped at the sight of his brother in the door way, "JeEz, you scared me! When did you get here??"

"Somewhere around you really look up to him."  Martyn smiled and hopped into a criss-cross position next to Phil and looked at Dan, "He doesn't, I'm taller actually."

"Psshhh." Phil added. 

Dan awkwardly smiled at him. "hi..."

"Alright talk to you later." Phil says, closing his laptop before Dan can say anything back.

"He's cute, whose that." Martyn asks, smiling. He knew Phil had many internet and irl friends so it was understandable that he couldn't remember all of them right away, plus he liked to tease on the idea of any of his friends being potential romantic partners.

"Why didn't you Knock before coming in my room...before coming in the house, I thought you LOCKEd the door!" 

Martyn slides off his brother's bed and heads towards the door, "I have a key, obviously."

"Right." Phil mentally face palmed and followed him. "Obviously."

Phil's not that awkward about his friends around family, but he felt different towards Dan, and he knew that if his brother saw the way he acted in the presence of him that he'd know he was low-key pursuing something more than a friendship with him

He wasn't quite ready to talk about Dan in that way yet until he was sure of his feelings, but of course his brother knows no boundaries, as a little later he asked, "Again, who was that?"

"Why are you suddenly so interested?" Phil said, trying not to sound as defensive as he was.

"Well, if you'd had answered me the first time I wouldn't be as interested." Martyn looked in the fridge, "But you're ACTIVELY avoiding my question so it's made me suspicious. Is it a boy friend?"

"nO." Phil's face went a bit red then. "It's Dan. I don't know if you recognize the name danisnotonfire?"

"The kid, the emo one."

"Well, I've got a few emo friends."

"But the young one right?"

"Yeah, he's young..."

"Who can do that weird thing with his wrists."

"Bleh." Phil went. "That's the one."

"Hmmm." Martyn gave Phil a wink and closed one of the kitchen cupboards. "There's no bread."

"There's no anything in here. I have yet to buy anything, procrastination."

"You need to get on that, bro."

"Yuh."

"Don't let this Dan guy distract you so much."

"Yeah..wait no."

"So you like them young." Martyn grinned at his phone, insinuating that he's found Dan's twitter.

"He's only my friend, we've been over this with many other friends."

"And after some time I notice you act differently around the people you're quite 'interested' in."

"Like you said, he's young."

"Yeah, but when does age matter?" Martyn waves his hand around. "How can I believe there's nothing between you guys when ya'll so cute on twitter, and you're skyping in your private time."

"Cuz that's what friends do, I'm like that with others as well."

"Yeah but you're not often secretive about it to me, unless you've got a crush."

"Did you only come to tease me?"

"No, but I'm glad that that's what's happening now. You're so cute when you're in love."

"Where'd love come from? Calm down."

"Cornelia will be here shortly and then we'll all go out to eat, seeing as there's no food in here."

"Right, I'll wait in my room till she's here."

"And talk to Dan?"

"Wha- Shut up" Phil closes the door behind him to hear his brother in the distance yelling 

"You plAyEr!"

Phil's face flushed and he pouted as he tweeted.