Home

(Akira's POV)
I was greeted with the blinding light of the sun. The sound of cars and gibberish-like chatter filled the streets around me. Tall, skinny buildings towered over me like I was a mere ant.

"Sooo, what-do-ya think?" Ryuji smiled ever-so cheerfully.

I blinked a few times before answering.

"This place is familiar...yet I can't put my finger on why..."

Ryuji took his arm off of me.

"Yo, bro, you okay?"

I blinked. Everyone's body turned to a cold statue. My hands quaked.

*buzz buzz*

I nearly jumped out of my skin when my phone buzzed. I took it out of my pocket to see that an app was open...an app that I never saw before. It had a red backdrop with a black eye dead in the center.

"Meta-...Nav?" I read aloud to myself.

The earth shook around me. I was stunned, my knees locked and threw me to the ground. A sky blue light filled the streets. My head jolted up as fast as ever. I couldn't believe my eyes.

"A-Arsene?" My head pounded. How do I know that name? Why am I not scared? What is happening to me?!

(Ryuji's POV)

I shook him aggressively. "Akira!" I yelled, biting my lip. I didn't want to create a scene, especially in the middle of the city.

"Get ahold of yourself!" I slapped him across the face, bringing him back from whatever world he was in.

"R-Ryuji?" Akira said, almost drunkenly.

I reached out to his hand and pulled him up.

"What happened?" Akira asked still shaking.

"I should be the one asking! The hell is wrong with you man?"

He stared at me blankly. "Nothing like that...has ever happened to me before."

"Talk to me," I demanded, "you're as pale as snow, do you need to sit?"

"No," he replied, "I just need to get home."

"Welllll," I trailed on, "where's home?"

He showed me a picture of an old fashioned coffee shop.

"Ah, Sojiro's place. I'll walk you there. It's not too far from the station"

Out of pure instinct I grabbed his hand and led him to Leblanc.

(Akira's POV)

Hopefully he didn't see through lies. I'm reliving my past over...again? I just don't understand, I thought the rehabilitation was successful?

That's all that ran through my mind as Ryuji led me to Leblanc.

"Hello Soj-" I stopped myself, "sir."

"Ah, you must be Akira. Akira Kurusu," he chuckled, "and you seem to have already brought a friend."

"Heya Boss!" Ryuji exclaimed, "glad I was able to acquaint Akira on his way here." He smiled.

"Your room is just back there up the stairs. It's your job to clean it to your liking so go get busy."

I nodded. Ryuji grabbed my arm. "Can I help you set it up?" I smiled "Any help is appreciated, thank you."