Aesop's eyes widened, he knew what Eli was talking about but his face didn't crack. He wasn't going to crumble easily. Avoid it, avoid it, His head told him hysterically, Deny any accusations and calm him down. Aesop took a small step forward, holding a hand out to Eli which resulted in an agitated growl from the seer. Aesop hesitated. He paused where he was and looked at Eli like he was just overtired,

"Come on, Eli. You're being loud, it's going to wake the others. Let me take you back to your room. I think you're still confused from your nightmare." Aesop smiled softly and ushered Eli to take his hand so he could take him away.
Aesop had summoned the impassivity of a god, he wasn't the greatest of actors however in that moment his feigned ignorance would be convincing if it weren't for Eli having solid evidence scorched in his mind.

Eli smacked Aesop's hand away and lurched forward, grabbing Aesop's collar and balling the fabric his fists,
"You can't avoid this, bastard." Eli spat, his voice low and grim, "I know all about you and your damn hunter."
Aesop's frowned deeply, his head turning away from Eli. He smacked his hand was struggled from Eli's grip,
"This isn't funny anymore, Eli! Let go!" He commanded, raising his voice as he rived away from him. But Eli's grip only hardened and he pushed him up against the wall, knocking the wind out of Aesop's chest and making him gasp and sputter for air that was already hard to get through the tight fabric around his neck. It would definitely leave a mark.

"What the fuck is wrong with you, Aesop!?" He screamed in his face, his eyes stabbing into Aesop like a knife "Don't you know who he is, what they do to us!? To you! He was the one that nearly killed you!"

Aesop had never heard Eli curse before. He was normally so passive but now...it was a terrifying sight. The raged confusion was only building in Eli's shining navy eyes, his demeanour was fierce and towering like a wild animal. Aesop had given up on trying to deny. It was down to fight or flight now. He yanked at Eli's wrist with both hands, trying to free himself of the iron grip. However, the panic and the shock of the whole situation had sapped Aesop's strength instead of fuelled it. Never in his life had he felt so powerless, to his best friend of all people!

"It isn't like that, he didn't mean it! You don't understand our situation, Eli!" He argued, insisted in fact. He was frantically trying to excuse himself like a rabbit caught in a bear trap. Every time he moved, trying to escape, he made it so much worse and the spikes clamped on harder.

"You admit it then?" Eli asked, his voice hitching in surprise as if he didn't truly believe what he saw through his owl was true. He then laughed hysterically, hiding his eyes behind his spare hand as if this was the most hilarious thing he'd heard in years. What an awful sound, Aesop thought for it was no longer his best friend standing in front of him. It was an obsessive beast intent on terrorising him for his choice in relationships.
"God, Ace!" He laughed that appalling laugh again "I wanted to believe that I was wrong! Do you know how sickening it watching you with that savage?! What is wrong with you?!" He yelled, the rage setting in again

Aesop gaped at Eli, stopping his struggling and just sat there aghast,
"You were watching me?" He whispered, his voice shivering in disgust.
Aesop felt exposed, sickened. He recoiled before suddenly thrashing violently and finally tearing away from Eli's grip.
"How dare you!" Aesop seethed, his teeth baring beneath his mask like an animal "Those were private! I didn't want you there, I never wanted you there!"

Eli grinned and shook his head, "Oh, Aesop. Have you really have lost it? That man is a monster! He terrorises us- your friends, your family! How can you be choosing him over us!?" Eli shouted, holding his fists to his chest like he was in pain.
He simply looked sad, now. Desperate. It looked as if he was obsessing over making Aesop understand.
"I only watched you once when you were acting weird!" Eli said, knowing he'd actually watched Aesop many times "It was months ago in their garden! All of this only happened because I'm worried about you! He's not safe. They're only here to hurt us! You can't be with him!" He insisted