Vampire Knight FANFICTION "Resonance" Chapter 10, Zero's Quest

Zero grabbed the last few things he needed and stuffed them into his backpack, swinging it over his shoulder. He glanced over to Maria, who was standing sadly at the front door, waiting to see him off. He walked over, showing his walky-talky. "I will be in touch." Maria nodded slowly, keeping her eyes on the floor as she opened the door for him. Zero sighed, walking out into the now sunny day. Maria watched untill he disappeared into the distance and she could see him no longer. She closed the door slowly, clutching her walky-talky.

Hours of walking had passed and Zero had become lost. He threw his map on the ground in anger. "Where is this damn place?!" He scanned the surrounding forest, seeing nothing but trees from this point. He snatched up his map, storming forward once more. "This place better be around here somewhere." As he was walking, he remembered the notes Maria had taken about the town. He stopped, unzipping his backpack as he pulled out the notepad. Grey town, tall walls, forest surrounding it, markets. Zero also took a closer look at his map, looking at the three circled towns. "What else did i see in that nightmare?" He closed his eyes, trying his best to remember, although there was nothing more to remember. He opened his eyes, looking at the towns. "I'm right between two, grey towns." He took a closer look, noticing that one of them had no walls surrounding it. He grabbed his marker, marking a cross over it. "That towns ruled out, I should check out this town first." He put away the notepad and pen, but kept the map out so he could determine where he was heading. Within a few mintues, he had reached it. It seemed the town wasn't as far away as her had thought.

                                                                                    ~~~~

Yuki stepped out of the bath, wrapping herself in a towel. aa~ that helped clear my mind a little... She walked to the mirror, wiping the fog away from it. As she did, the image of Roko appeared. She jumped back, letting out a shreek. Kaname heard this, dropping his book and running upstairs. "Yuki?!" Yuki sat on the floor, covering her face with fear. "G-Go away...." Kaname tried to enter the room. "Yuki... come out..." There was a few seconds silence before an unlocking sound was heard. Yuki slowly opened the door, shaking. "K-Kaname..." Kaname swung the door open, pulling Yuki into a hug. "You're scaring me Yuki... i hate seeing you like this." She stood there limply, staring at the ceiling. "I... don't want this..." Kaname let go of her, looking into her sad, fearful eyes. "It will go away soon... it can't stay like this forever..." Yuki stared blankly at the floor. "What if it does..." Kaname sighed. "It won't... ill make sure of it." He kissed her on the forehead before walking off once more, letting her change.

                                                                                 ~~~~ 

Hanabusa groaned, holding his stomach. "Im hungry! Ruka! Wheres all the food?!" Ruka frowned, throwing an apple at his head. "Eat this then!" He fell backwards with the force, grabbing the apple before it hit the ground. "Wheres all the good food!" Rima stared blankly at him. "That is good food." She pulled out another packet of pocky, handing one over to Senri. Hanabusa shot up at the sight. "Unfair! They get pocky! Ruka why ca-" Ruka growled. "Shut it Hanabusa!" He froze mid-sentence before shutting his mouth. "Fine..." He look up at Seirin, who was still in the tree. "Any sight of Lord Kaname or Lady Yuki?" Seirin shook her head, lowering her binoculors. "Nothing of yet... give it time..." She went to jump down to talk to the others, but she stopped as she spotted someone in the distance.

"Who's that?" She grabbed her binoculors again as she zoomed in on the figure. "Zero?!" The others heard her. They all stopped what they were doing and jumped up. "Where?!" She pointed to him, hushing them all. "If you talk too loud the towns people will spot us." They all fell silent, watching Zero from different places. Ruka frowned. "What the hell is he doing here?!" She whispered angrily. Senri shrugged. "Maybe he still loves Lady Yuki..." Hanabusa frowned. "No way! He couldn't get her even if he did want her! She's Lord Kaname's now!" They all nodded, watching him enter the town.

                                                                               ~~~~

Zero walked casualy into the town, approaching the nearest bystander. "You wouldn't know where Lady Yuki is, would you?" The woman smiled. "Why of course! Are you a friend of hers?" Zero nodded. "Kinda.. a distant friend..." She placed the washing basket on the ground and pointed out the directions. "And it's the first house on the right, you can't miss it." She grinned. Zero thanked her and began walking, trying to blend in with the purebloods. If someone had noticed he was an original, he was dead. 

(Stay tunned for Chapter 11,  The Nightmare Begins)