Chapter 48

One day before leaving

"Alright, that's the last box." Jason sighed.

"Okay. I will ship the rest of the boxes to you once you get there." I nodded.

"Then I guess my work here is done." he replied.

"Wait, you still left some shirts in the closet." I said.

"Yeah, those are for you. You can wear them while I'm gone." he said.

"Oh, honey." I squealed. "You thought of everything." I said amused.

"Yep." he grinned and came up to me to give me a kiss.

"I left you a list of phone numbers on the fridge in case anything breaks down. Do you think your dad would be willing to mow the lawn every now and then?" he asked me.

"He'll do whatever you want him to do for the rest of his life." I said and tilted my head to the side.

"True." he shrugged.

"Wait, do I have to be here like every day?" I asked him.

"I'd appreciate it if you spend here most of the time, yes. I'm not exactly comfortable with leaving the house empty." he said.

"What if someone comes in the middle of the night and murders me?" I panicked.

"No one is going to come, this is a safe neighborhood." he said.

"Then why aren't you comfortable with leaving this house empty?" I asked and raised my eyebrows at him.

"In case someone comes." he shrugged.

"Jason, I'm scared." I whined.

"You'll be fine." he laughed. "Just make sure the front door will be locked at all times, even if you're here and close the windows before you go to bed." he said.

"So you can't break up with me for the next three years. Unless you want your house to be without a guard dog." I shrugged.

"Now look how this turned out well for you." he laughed.

"We'll talk every day, right?" I asked.

"Yes." he said. "Or every other day." he added.

I looked at him sternly.

"Maybe I won't be able to talk every day." he shrugged.

"I don't want to be that clingy and obsessive girlfriend, I trust you but I still want to hear your voice every day or I'll lose my mind." I said.

"You'll be busy with your college work and I'll be busy with mine, you won't even have time to miss me." he snorted.

"What are you talking about? I miss you already." I said and made out with him.

"So what do you want for our last supper?" he asked me.

"I have something you can eat." I winked at him.

"That's for dessert." he said. "Do you want to go to a fancy restaurant?" he asked.

"I didn't know we're that kind of people." I said and looked at him weirdly.

"I'm not, I thought you'd want to do something like that for a change." he shrugged.

"Or we can make tortillas instead." I shrugged.

"Good idea." he agreed.

Our dinner was unusually quiet, we were both thinking about our own concerns although some of them were mutual.