Part 3- Secrets Revealed

Start from the beginning

As time went by, we fell in love with her. When we confessed our love for her, she was confused as to why we would want her. She thought that we were crazy at first for the thought that we could share her. We proved her wrong, and she stayed beside us. More than a year has already passed since Owen let her go, and we're waiting to see if she will confess to us. I kind of feel bad because she doesn't know who we are. That we were the heroes that were "bent" on finding her.

Which we are not. We couldn't just let her go so we made sure that when there was a lead we would follow it. Thankfully Sang is smart and is always one step ahead.

Anyway, it's now after one in the afternoon. We were training together when Owen's phone started ringing. Absentminded, Owen answered with the Academy code. "Gun."

"Smoking," I paused at the sound of her laugh. Thankfully she never asked about why we kept saying random words. She made it into a game instead. "Get it? Smoking gun?"

Owen chuckled. "Hey, Rose. Did something happen?"

She squealed into the phone. "I got the job!"

We shouted and clapped for her. Sean ran over to where Owen was and yelled into the phone. "Congratulations, Pookie!!"

She laughed. I heard her unlocking her car and getting into it. "Thanks, Dr. Green."

Gabriel yelled. "Hey, let's celebrate!"

"Are you not busy?" she asked us.

Luke shouted, brushing off some ice that had stuck to his skin. "Nope. Meet us at the Italian restaurant we all love."

She giggled. I loved that Italian restaurant. We had taken her there for our first date with all of us . Ever since then, that had become our favorite place to eat. Well, besides Uncle's diner. And it was only ten minutes away. "Okay. See you in twenty."

When she hung up, Owen looked at us. "Get ready. We leave in ten."

With a quick shower, we all clamored into three cars and drove to the restaurant. the lunch rush was over and thankfully there weren't many cars. Stretching my arms as I got out of the car, I walked into the restaurant with the others. We had just walked through the doors when suddenly my body felt as if it in a bug zapper and I was a fly. I fell to the floor with a thud and watched as a familiar villain stepped over me. His white mask covered his face and he chuckled. "You all walked into a spider's web. Let's see how you get out of this."

I pulled my powers, trying to form any type of weapon that would stop Volto but he tsked, sending more electricity into me. My back arched in pain and I gasped as red hot fire coursed through me. He knelt down, holding a metal collar in his hands. "You're a bad dog, and bad dogs need to be punished."

He clicked the collar around my neck, and I instantly felt my powers pop out of existence. I was helpless as I heard the deranged villain clicked the magic dampening collars around all of their necks. When he was done, he laughed. "Try to stop me now, Ghostbird!"

I was able to lift my torso off the ground, and what I saw was terrifying. All of my brothers were bloody. My heartbeat increased when Volto threw his hand forward. Webs of lightning arced towards us. We screamed in pain as the electricity hit us.

Volto laughed. "Finally. Revenge for the past year."

Kota snarled while holding his bleeding arm. "You got what you deserved."

Volto tilted his head. The white mask hid his facial expression but I could tell he was furious at all of us. How does he know our true identities? "Maybe. Now you're getting what you deserve."

In his hands, red lightening gathered in his hands. My eyes widened at the deadly power. If that power hit us, we will be dead. As he threw his lightening, I heard a roar as the ground underneath Volto's feet began to crumble, forcing him to his knees. The red lightening disappeared right before it touched us.

I gasped as I saw her. She was like an avenging angel. A furious siren. The thing is that she was fucking angry. The others looked at her in shock. We had never seen her use her powers until know. We were finally able to see her in action.

Volto chuckled, standing. "Oh, well, this is a surprise."

"Sang?" Victor spoke. His voice was soft but full of shock and disbelief at the situation. She was here, saving us.

"Hey, my Prince," she spoke. Her voice trembled slightly with fear.

"How sweet," Volto mocked. "How are you, Tremor?"

She sneered at him. "Better than you, Mike."

He snarled at her. "MY NAME IS VOLTO! I'M NO LONGER THAT WEAK BOY!!"

She laughed, the laugh tinged with mischief. "We both know that I'm stronger than you, Mike."

I felt my eyebrows go up. Volto's name is Mike?

Volto shucked his mask off, showing the hatred in his brown eyes. His hood flew back to reveal his red hair. "Let's see about that, Tremor."

With those words, he threw his power at her. I yelled at her as she raised a hand, waving it lazily. Her powers shook his off, sending it to the wall to the left. Mike screamed, throwing fireball after fireball. She matched his, sending them away so they didn't harm us. I knew when she decided to end this weak battle. She ran at him, shielding herself from his attacks. Volto saw her coming, fear filling his eyes. He tried to back away but he was too late. When she was close enough, she threw her arm back. Throwing it forward, her punch backed with her power knocked him hard into the wall, making the wall crumble behind him.

Satisfied that he was knocked out, she turned towards us. My heart broke when I saw her face. Shock, fear, and anger filled our faces. Shock that she finally revealed herself. Fear that she would leave. Anger that we were used to force her out. And anger for what he tried to do to her.

She whimpered and whispered "I'm sorry" before running away.

I yelled after her. We needed to tell her the truth. We already knew who she is, and what she has been trying to do. She doesn't need to run away from us, but like before, she didn't look back.