Chapter 9

"OK, please just tell me your psychopath of a student didn't get off that island, too," Malcolm griped.

"God I hope not," Oliver said.

"What's wrong?" Talia tilted her head. "Was the great Al Saher actually scared of him?"

"No, he just pissed me off," Malcolm grumbled.

"Chase pissed everyone off," Sara said.

Everyone was nodding, agreeing.

"You're not alone," Laurel agreed as Dig reached for a device near Winn.

"Says the one who turned her back on the man who saved her," Talia raised an eyebrow. "Pity."

"Eyes!" Dig warned, sliding the device under the platform.

Whatever it was, it exploded, making Talia cover her eyes. Dig grabbed Winn and ran, Malcolm and Laurel taking off after them. "You want me to kill them?" one of the mercenaries asked Talia.

"You're not being paid to keep them alive," Talia growled. The mercenaries took off after them, and Talia nodded at Faust. "Let's get to work."

Winn crouched behind a pile of crates, watching three mercs approach. When they were past the door, he tapped a button on his tablet.

The lights went out, and all three looked up and around. Malcolm dropped from the ceiling, tackling one.

"Do archers like dropping from the ceiling?" Ray asked.

"I... don't know. A lot of us have dropped from the ceiling before," Oliver said.

"Malcolm does it a lot," Thea said.

"Its an effective move," Malcolm said.

"It was taught in the League," Nyssa said.

"Well, duh, you guys wouldn't be ninja's if you didn't drop from the ceiling," Thea said.

"We weren't ninjas," Nyssa said.

Laurel charged into the second, punching him and knocking his gun away from him. Dig grabbed the gun and exchanged shots with the third merc, both dodging shots.

In the middle of the shootout, though, Dig suddenly stopped firing, and Winn's eyes widened when the merc punched him down. "Dig!" he shouted.

"You're not gonna feel a thing," the merc sneered, raising his gun. "Promise."

A green arrow caught him in the shoulder, followed by heat vision in his back. Malcolm slammed his merc into a steel wall nearby as Oliver and Kara ran in, charging the three mercs that arrived as backup. Kara kicked one in the stomach, and Laurel and Malcolm hastily dove out of the way as the merc went flying into a pile of crates nearby. Oliver took on another, easily punching him out. "You guys OK?" he called.

"Peachy!" came Winn's answer.

"I'd say that too!" Cisco said.

"Great, two Cisco's," Harry muttered.

Dig punched the last merc out and growled, turning around. "I'm pissed!"

"Yeah, he speaks for the rest of us," Malcolm winced.

"Just about finished," Faust told Talia.

"Good," she smirked.

Banging from the floor above them made her look up, then one of the mercs shouted, "Incoming!"