Epilogue

It's been a whirlwind of a month. I ended up in the hospital for a week. Charley never left my side. We worked on a bunch of legal stuff while I waited to be released. Then we had the world fastest wedding.

Not that I minded. It was quiet and quaint. His family was there and so was Sylvia. I was so happy. It couldn't have been more perfect.

We've been back from our honeymoon for a few days. I've never been to the Bahama's before. But, now I'm thinking we will make it a yearly thing...

Charley takes my hand and squeezes it lightly. I smile up at him.

It's taken a month for the construction crews to remove all the rubble of the old Echo Ridge Manor. Now we stand on what will be rebuilt as Echo Ridge Manor- a home for the homeless.

Everyone in town has come out to witness the groundbreaking ceremony.

Mayor Johnson comes up to us and hands us each a shovel. "Are you ready Mrs. James?" he asks me.

I smile at being called "Mrs. James." It's the best name ever!

"You bet!"

I step  forward and address the crowd.

"Welcome, everyone, to our groundbreaking for the New Echo Ridge Manor- a home for the homeless. I know many of you feared my Grandfather. But I hope to put peace and hope back into our community. Thank you!"

Applause break out.

The Mayor, Charley and I dig our shovels into the ground, ready to start a new beginning.