c.s.y - light

Seungyoun kept his mouth shut.

And she heard nothing of him.

2 hours passed...

5 hours passed...

More hours passed...

Y/N finally caught her breath, re-collecting herself.

Despite the 42-hour timeframe that passed, she couldn't neglect the way her chest throbs with pain, the headache that grounds through her temples, the heart-rate that shows no signs of slowing down.

This should be alright, I'm okay now she dragged herself to the bathroom, making sure she looked 'fine' in case she bumped into him.

It's an annual routine for her, this one.

He should be back in his room her gaze stopped at the clock, 1.05 am.

Get yourself together, Y/N she squeezed her cheek, her hand slowly reached for the doorknob.

At this point she just wanted to go straight to the kitchen, taking a sip of water.

But something stopped her.

Seungyoun had already fallen asleep on the floor, his head hanging low as his shoulder rhythmically rise and fall.

"Seungyoun" she mouthed, nothing came out of her sore throat.

She sighed, took a deep breath, and called him again,"Seungyoun" she didn't know if it was more painful watching him or the condition of her throat, she didn't care.

Y/N crouched down, shaking his shoulder,"Seungyoun, you're gonna catch a cold"

After calling his name multiple of times, his eyelids finally fluttered open.

She was the first thing he see, before he pulled a quick smile.

"The lights—are-- back on huh?" he whispered, still haven't gathered his consciousness together.

Y/N responded with a nod, she pressed her lips together, holding back her tears.

She tried so hard to leave it all behind. She didn't want to do it— not in front of him. Not when he's had enough problems on his own.

But as soon as the first tear broke free, the rest rushed in like an unbroken stream. Her trembling hands reached out to him, pressing her palms softly against his cheek,"I'm sorry I'm sorry" she bit her lips, repeating the words like everything was her fault.

"I'm sorry" she cried out, desperately clinging to him. The tears didn't stop, even though she wanted to, it went on.

His heart was shattered enough that he couldn't say anything to comfort her. He knew nothing he said would have the power to.

He just silently wrapped his arms around her, his big hands stroking her hair, once in a while he whispers,"I'm here" or "It's okay".

He's got a hunch, but he wanted her to say it. Whenever she's ready.

Seungyoun pulled her into his room, knowing that she needed some space from hers in that particular condition.

"Do you feel okay now?" he placed the cup of water down, taking her hand in his.

She hummed, looking down on their hands,"Have some sleep, you're probably tired. I'll be downstairs" he lets it go, and got up from the bed, only to find Y/N tugging his hand back.

"Wait, I need to explain something" she quietly mumbled, finally looking up to him.

He sat down, and carefully watched her nervously fiddling with her hands, it was something so personal that she never shared to anyone.