Chapter 14 - Is She Or Is She Not?

Start from the beginning

"Diego what the fuck man?" Jake grabbed my arm.

"I was FaceTiming her when it happened. A truck rammed into the limo and they flipped. Lanie wasn't responsive and Gabriella didn't sound like she was in great shape. Then I heard a shot being fired." I quickly explained.

He looked at me with wide eyes and I simply began to walk towards the upside down limo. Glass covered the majority of the road and pieces of metal were laying about randomly. I began to panic.

Is she okay? Who shot at her? Where is she?

"Sir that's as far as you can go." A female officer stopped me.

"I need to see her. Please just to make sure she's okay!" I was so close to begging.

"I'm sorry to inform you-"

The sound of my phone going off interrupted her. Looking down at the caller ID it showed up as 'Restricted Caller'. Even though it went against my own rules of not answering unknown number I answered the call.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Isn't it horrible to feel so helpless? Do you feel the dread creeping into your soul yet Diego?" A deep voice responded.

"Who is this?" I asked.

"I am about to be your worst nightmare. Make sure you say 'Hi' to Jake for me." With that the man disconnected the call.

I turned to look at Jake with so much anger and hate running through my veins.

"Who was that?" He seemed oblivious to my anger.

"It was a man who told me to say 'Hi' to you. Who ever the fuck did this knew you!" I exclaimed.

"What?" He looked utterly confused before a look of understanding crossed his eyes.

"Where is she?!" I asked the female officer.

"The only person we found was the limo driver sir." She said bluntly.

"Gabriella?" I muttered.

"The only things belonging to her were a phone and a lot of blood she shed. The other young lady, Lanie, she was missing as well." She seemed so emotionless.

The words sunk in slowly and everything seemed to go out of focus. The shouts of the reporters and pedestrians. Jake's voice couldn't reach my ears I only saw his lips move.

My body seemed to stop working slowly. I sank to my knees and my head bowed down. My eyes started to prickle a little. I never before had a reason to cry. Until now it seemed. Tears streamed down my face and a heart breaking sob escaped my lips. I didn't give a shit about the people taking pictures or asking questions.

I didn't care that Jake was trying to calm me down. Because of him Gabriella was taken from me. I didn't even know if she was alive!

My tears dried up quickly and I stood up and dusted my pants. I wiped my face dry with the back of my hands. Looking up at Jake I set my plan to work.

"We are going to find her. Even if it means going to Hell for her." I stated and with that I turned and walked back to the car.

I'm going to find you baby.
¤ ¤ ¤
A week had passed and yet again we hit another dead end lead.

"Make sure you say 'Hi' to Jake for me."

The mans voice rung in my head all the time. We knew that somehow the man knew Jake. How or when did they meet we weren't sure. We had tried everyone he might've offended and held a grudge against him. But we turned up empty handed.

My heart squeezed in agony at the simple thought of not ever seeing Gabriella again. She had become my everything. No one could compare to her.

"Diego why don't we take a break and then we can analyze it with renewed eyes?"Detective Sean suggested.

"If she's alive do you think these 'people' will take a break from harming her? Do you think they'll give a shit about her well-being?" My voice started to raise.

"N-no." He stuttered.

"Then why should we stop?" I asked.

"Diego we've tried everything!" Jake spoke up from my couch.

"No we haven't!" Leann burst through the doors.

"Explain." Detective Sean demanded.

"I'll ignore the tone of voice you just used with me for your own good." She looked him dead in the eyes."Close friends."

"What about them?" Jake asked.

"We haven't searched them!" She exclaimed. "Even if you were the closest friends ever there still are things you just don't tell people."

The room was silent as we considered it. It was worth try, right?

5 hours later...

"Last call of the day!" Jake said in happiness.

The phone sat in the middle of the dinning table and we could hear everything the other person said.

The phone rung for a while, before someone finally answered.

"Hello?" A deep voice answered.

The accent of the voice caused my blood run cold.
Bingo.
¤ ¤ ¤
Ah! Second day in a row, I'm on a roll! Lol!
Dedicated to @_JustAGirlsDream_ for the third comment and for the votes. It really does mean a lot to me.
Don't forget to. . .
·Vote
·Comment
·Follow
·Share