Chapter 1 Seeing the Truth: Part 2

With a new found calm, I search the room for what spoke those words that stilled the pain of my oblivion.

A dark looming figure steps into the torchlight, sheathed in what seemed like s.. I don't remember..

"Search your thoughts, and memories, then tell me what you find." said the cold voice.

Again, I felt myself working against my will. Searching the crevices of my mind, and found nothing aside from what I had just witnessed.

"I only remember my creation." I muttered.

Not having the pain of oblivion close behind, I examined what I had just said. Such a throaty voice, surely it's not... I don't remember.

"Excellent!” he cried out.

In that instant, what seemed like invisible rope wrapped around my neck, and began to lift me from the ground.

With the swift movement of his finger, the ropes jet me forward, breaking my spine in several places, holding me in place directly in front of the darkness.

The ropes release their grip, and I fall limp to the floor.

"Oh, yes. I must keep in mind how pathetically fragile you are." spoke the cold voice, and with another flick of his finger, the snapping in my back alerted me to my now reassembling spine.

"You should be grateful that I have a purpose for you. If not, I'd have just left you there to rot." he spat in that cold, but amused voice.

With the feeling back into my limbs, I struggle to get back on my feet.

"I want you to go into the city a couple miles due east of here, and find an old friend of mine. His name is Auborn Greyson, but the locals call him Father Greyson" he said, snarling the last two words.

“I have business to discuss with him, so once you find him, you will return here", and with a flick of his finger, he sent my body crashing through walls, and ceilings of brick, and earth, until I reached the surface. I lay there, limp again with several breaks in all of my limbs, and a severed spine. With an echo of a dark chuckle in the back of my mind, and a sudden series of snaps, I was again, able. I look down, and hundreds of small threads begin weaving a fresh layer of skin over the gray lifeless flesh that was my own. When the weaves are finished, I look at the new skin that now covers my entire body. I notice a gash on my left palm that the fresh skin neglected along the border, revealing a small transition to my still ghostly flesh. Before my eyes, another set of threads begin weaving bandage over the gash, then a shirt of dull white, and worn brown trousers. In expectance, I waited for any more miraculous changes the darkness would make, and when none came, I began examining the area I had been placed at. I was just outside a large forest, and near a hole in the ground I assume I made. I look to the east, and there I see the outline of a large city.

I begin my journey on foot, taking little more than a day to reach the perimeter of the city, feeling no exhaustion, and being self propelled. Along the way, I see several caravans on roads of dirt rooting from the vast city. As I arrive, I see a giant sign over a stone entry way reading “The Great City of Soran.” I walk along the path transitioning from dirt, to large stepping stones. I enter the city through a large iron drop gate, being cross examined by four guards placed along the corners of the gate way.

I look at the guard to my right,

"I'm looking for Auborn Greyson" I said in a masculine voice, similar to the one I.. I don't remember

With a light smile, the guard to my right said,

"You mean Father Greyson? You can most likely find him in the chapel that runs along the Square of the city. He spends most of his time there during the day." He said, while pointing to the heart of the city. I mimicked his gesture, and received a puzzled look in return. I started walking down the streets that lead deeper into the city, which were for the most part empty, but populating the spaces beside the roads were large stone buildings. As I walked, I was approached by a woman who left her table beside a small curtained building, with a sign that read, “Mara’s Fortune’s of Fortune”. She grabbed my arm.