7:Going up or Down

(Song: Hypnotic by Zella Day remix)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I nervously tug at my scratchy, creme colored, turtleneck. I wore a rusty red colored skirt, with black stockings. Nude colored flats were on my feet.
I rush out of the elevator; past the red head receptionist, who I learned was named Rose. A silver name tag was propped up on her desk. It was funny how I suddenly noticed it now.

"I don't think you should go in there right now." her voice stops me in my tracks. I turn around to lock eyes with her.
"And why not?" I asked. I tried to let my words come out as sweet as I possibly could. But there was something about her I just didn't like. Maybe it was the way she looked at me with those emerald eyes. They seemed to look down on me. As if she were some important person and I was just a disgrace in her presence.

"Just have a seat until he calls you in." she says, while pointing her perfect, blood red, manicured nails at the waiting chairs.
I shuffle over to the chairs and grumble a few not-so-nice words about her in my head.

I waited.
And waited.
I was still waiting, until I couldn't take this bull anymore. I shot up in my chair. The world spun a little from my sudden movements, from sitting down so long.
I steady myself and start stalking towards the door. "Wait! Stop, you'll regret it!" Rose's voice bounces off my back as I barge through the double doors.

"Ok, what's up with your dad coming..." I stop in mid-sentence when I take a look at a group of well dressed people. They all whore white and creme colors. Little flecks of gold sparkled off of their clothing.
There was two males and a women. They all had unnatural beauty. It was almost scary at how perfect they looked.

Devlin was wearing all black. Sticking out like a sore thumb. His hair was a mess. It looked like he just rolled out of bed from rough sex.
I blush.
Don't even think about that right now! I scold myself.

Everybody turns their attention to me, sending me into a mini anxiety attack. The women stands up. Her long golden hair fell flawlessly over her shoulders and down her back. Her pale blue eyes almost looked violet. She smiled at me, showing perfect pearly whites.

"Devlin, who is this fetching creature?" Her voice sounded like music to my ears. Is it even possible for someone to have such a beautiful voice, when they spoke?
"This is my--uh--er.." he pauses as if he had forgotten where he was. "Girlfriend." I blurt out.
"Right, this is my girlfriend." his face flushes bright red. Was he blushing? Mr. Steele was blushing, never thought I would see that.

"Uh--Kitten, what are you doing here? I thought I told Rose to keep you out until my meeting was over?" He say with a believable smile. But I saw right through it. His eyes said, "Your so dead when this is over."
Wait, did he just call me kitten?

I had to think of something quick. Come on brain don't fail me now. I prayed.
"It's about your father. He wanted me to talk to you about something urgent." Nailed it! Pulse, no stutter this time.
"Can it wait?" He almost asked pleadingly.
"No, it can't wait ." I said at the same time the shockingly beautiful women said, "You should go see what's wrong."

Devlin takes a deep breath. "I'll be back in five." he tells the strange pretty people. A male with deep chocolate hair and warm eyes to match says, "Take your time."
The other male with silver hair and icy grey eyes studied my face closely. He cocked his head to the side as he searched my features. I too, took in his appearance with wonder.

A small male voice whispers in my head, ever so slightly, "The chosen one is here." I gasp just at the moment Devlin's cold fingers wrap around my wrist. He half drags me out of his office. He zooms past Rose and yanks me into the elevator. She had on a smirk as the doors closed. Id like to punch that smirk square off her face!
Two professionally dressed males with similar hair cuts were in there with us. We awkwardly waited tell they got off. Devlin literally punches the emergency break button so hard, I almost thought he had cracked it. Or worse broken it. I do not do well in small spaced areas for a long time.