White Lie (Sam Kiszka)

Začať od začiatku

"Here, we are girls. Seats two, three, and four." Ronnie announced.

You found it weird that the first seat in the row was empty, but you shrugged it off. You were just thankful no one was sitting beside you, especially a screaming child.

Finally, the game started. The Red Wings were playing the Bruins, and they were actually putting up a fight. Halfway through the first period, you blocked out the game along with Ronnie and Mackenzi's conversation. You were too busy thinking about Sam. Looking down at the game, you thought back to your first date with him. How mad he got when the other team scored or when one of the Red Wing's players were taken out on a penalty. He always claimed they were unfair, and the ref had no idea what they were doing. You smiled to yourself as you remembered that he got so excited when they scored, he ended up dropping his fries all over the floor.

"Earth to Y/N." You were broken from your thoughts by Mackenzi waving her hand in front of your face.

"Huh, what?" You stammered.

"First periods over. Ronnie and I are going to get some food. Do you want anything?" She asked.

"No, I'm good. Thanks, though." You weren't all that hungry.

"I know you Y/N. I'll bring you back some cheese fries because you're not stealing mine." She laughed as she and Ronnie slid over you and out of the row.

You weren't paying attention to anything while they were gone. You were too wrapped up in your thoughts. You were thinking about Sam again, wondering what he was doing in London right now. If you had to guess, he was probably sleeping. After all, England is almost six hours ahead of the US, making it nearly two in the morning there.

"One order of cheese fries and a medium Dr. Pepper." Your head snapped up at the sound of that voice. You'd recognize it anywhere. Standing there in the aisle was Sam clad in jeans and his Red Wings jersey.

You stood up, covering your mouth with your hands. You were too shocked to do much else except cry. Sam was the one to walk over and hug you. You wrapped your hands around him tightly, afraid that if you didn't hold on, you would lose him. At that moment, it didn't even cross your mind that people were staring at you; all you cared about was having your boyfriend back. After a moment of standing there in each other's arms, and you crying into the shoulder of Sam's jersey, you both sat down. Ronnie and Mackenzi sneaked passed both of you and back to their seats. You didn't even realize they were standing behind Sam the whole time.

"I thought you were still in London? When did you get home? Are the rest of the guys back too?" You had so many questions buzzing through your head.

"There was no mix up at the airport. We landed this morning and went straight home. Then I drove separately to meet you here." Sam smiled.

You turned back to Ronnie and Mackenzi slightly mad. "You two knew about this the whole time, and you just let me drone on about how much I missed him the whole car ride here?"

"Yes, and it was definitely worth it. You two look so cute together." Ronnie handed you her phone where you saw she recorded the whole ordeal.

"Okay, I'll forgive you guys if you send me that video." You huffed.

"Deal." Ronnie giggled, grabbing her phone back.

You turned your attention back to Sam to see him watching the game. You laughed to yourself as you stole a fry from the container on his lap.

"How the hell was that high sticking? That was definitely not above the shoulders." Sam shouted as you watched a Red Wings player get escorted to the penalty box.

"I see nothing has changed these last three months." You commented.

"Of course not. I missed so much hockey while I was gone. Do you know how hard it is to watch hockey on your phone?" Sam defended.

At the end of the second period, the excitement had worn off, and you noticed just how tired Sam was.

"Do you want to head out? I'll drive if you're too tired." You asked.

"No, I'm fine." Sam protested.

"Sam, you're going to fall asleep before the third period even starts." You countered.

"Okay, you're right." He dug in his pocket and pulled out his keys, handing them to you.

You leaned over to Ronnie and Mackenzi. "Sam's pretty tired, so I think we're going to head out."

"Okay. Have fun you two." Mackenzi winked.

You just rolled your eyes as you put on your jacket and made your way up the steps with Sam.

You pulled into your driveway and looked over at Sam. He was asleep in the passenger seat, his head resting on his hand and his elbow resting on the window sill. You reached over and gently shook him awake.

"Sam, it's time to wake up. We're home." You whispered to him.

He began to stir and opened his eyes. "Is this your house?" He questioned.

"Yeah, my parents are gone for the weekend, so I figured it would be less noisy than your house." You explained.

Sam laughed a husky half-asleep laugh as both of you got out of the car and made your way inside.

"I still have clothes here from last time you stayed over. I think there are some sweatpants." You explained as you led him upstairs to your room.

Once upstairs, you fished out the clothes he had previously left there and handed them to him. He headed off to the bathroom to get changed, while you stayed in your room grabbing pajamas of your own. When Sam returned, he made a beeline for your bed, plopping down on top of it. You were now sitting at your desk taking off your makeup from the day.

"Y/N come here, please," Sam whined.

You turned around to face him; a makeup wipe still in your hand. "Why should I do that?"

"Because I want to lay with you." He whimpered.

"Sam Kiszka wants to cuddle?" You asked, bewildered by his request. You knew Sam wasn't usually one for sappy displays of affection.

"Yes, now get over here." He groaned.

You threw your makeup wipe away and walked over to your bed. Laying down next to Sam, he immediately wrapped his arms around your waist. It was comforting to feel him breathing on your neck. Both of you laid there in comfortable silence until you rolled over to face him.

"I'm so glad you're home." You spoke.

"I'm glad to be home." Sam laughed.

"How did you manage to keep this all a secret?" You asked.

"It was hard. Especially telling you, we wouldn't be home until the end of the week. You were so heartbroken it made me upset." Sam Explained. "But seeing your face today made this little white lie all worth it."