You're The One Part 2 (Jake Kiszka)

Start from the beginning

You and Jake continued talking about anything and everything. You discovered you both had a deep love for music, so he pulled over his laptop and opened Spotify.

"It's not vinyl but we work with what we have." Jake laughed. He played everything. Neil young and Bob Dylan to Sam Cooke and Elton John. Eventually one beer turned to two then three and before you knew it you were buzzed. You weren't a drinker, so it didn't take much for you to feel the effects.

"Neil Young was right. Rock and roll is here to stay." You giggled as My My, Hey Hey played from the laptop across the room.

"I hope you are too Y/N." Jake smiled down at you. At some point during your music session you ended up laying down on the couch with your head on Jake's lap. You were too buzzed to care but he didn't seem to object to your new position.

You could feel your eyes growing heavy and you weren't sure if that was a side effect of the alcohol or the fact that it was after one a.m. Before you could try and fight it you felt your eyes close and you were out like a light. You weren't sure exactly how long you were asleep before you heard yelling, which you assumed was Josh and the boys returning for the night.

"Josh can you keep it down." Jake said in a half yell half whisper.

"And why should I - Oh this is why you didn't want to come out with us. You have yourself a girl." Josh continued to yell.

"Yes, and she's sleeping, so if you could please keep it down, I'd appreciate it."

You opened your eyes and looked up at Jake. "Well I was sleeping."

"I'm sorry about him. He's loud to begin with but if you add alcohol it just gets worse." Jake apologized.

"That's okay. I don't mind." You said sitting up to face the guys.

"Y/N this is Sam, Danny, and I guess you know Josh already" Jake spoke pointing to each person as he said their name.

"Guys this is Y/N." He introduced you back to them.

"Hi." You waved awkwardly to the guys before turning back to Jake. "I better get going. It's late."

"That's exactly why you should stay. That and you had about four beers." Jake countered.

"It was three actually." You corrected him.

"Yeah Y/N you should stay. Don't let me and the guys chase you away." Sam yelled as he made his way towards the bunks.

"I guess I'll stay then." You smiled

"Great. You can wear a pair of my sweatpants if you want." Jake offered walking you back to where his suitcase sat.

"That's okay. My shorts are fine. I'll just sleep in them." You didn't want to come off as a burden on the guys.

"Nonsense. Go try these on." Jake pulled out a pair of grey sweatpants from his bag along with a random t-shirt. He handed them to you and pointed "The bathroom is up front on the left."

You thanked him for the clothes before making your way up to the bathroom. Surprisingly the clothes fit well. They were only slightly big on you. I guess being short finally has its benefits.

Once you came out of the bathroom Jake was standing in front of his bunk, which happened to be the middle one.

"Okay you get in first." He spoke.

"What?" You questioned a bit confused. When he said you should stay the night you thought you would sleep on the couch or something, not share a bunk with him. You weren't completely opposed to the idea you were just a bit surprised.

"You're not sleeping on the couch Y/N it's too small. I don't mind sharing a bunk with you. We're both short so we'll definitely fit." He laughed.

"I want you to get in first, so you don't accidentally roll out."

"Would that actually happen?" You raised an eyebrow at him.

"You never know. The first night we ever stayed in bunks Josh accidentally rolled out of his sometime in the early morning hours. He landed right on his back. It was kind of funny even though he was in pain." Jake explained.

That was something you didn't want to happen, so without any further questioning you climbed into the bunk first. Jake removed his jeans and shirt leaving him in his boxers. He threw the clothes next to his suitcase before climbing in the bunk next to you.

"I'm glad I met you today." Jake spoke as he turned to face you.

"You met me the first day of the tour." You giggled.

"Okay, but to be fair I also met everyone else on our crew that day. And I didn't talk to you. So, I'm counting today as our official meeting."

You just rolled your eyes at him in response.

"I never got a chance to ask you if you like our music." Jake continued.

"I've listened a few times." You smirked at him.

"Oh, you have? Thoughts? Do you have a favorite song?" He questioned.

"Well, I really like Black Smoke Rising, and The New Day. I also like the keyboard at the end of Mountain of The Sun."

"The Keyboard really? What about the guitar?" Jake sounded slightly offended by your remark.

"I mean they're okay. But the keyboard and the drums are amazing." You joked.

"That's it. Tomorrow I'm going to show you that the guitars are the best part of any song."

"I'd like to see you try." You yawned as you put your head on Jake's shoulder and fell asleep.