Chapter 5: Daniel

Chapter 5

“Daniel”

I threw the dish of my lunch on the table written remained and walked out of the cafeteria. It wasn’t that hard to find what to eat and where to sit. It seemed like everyone still wondered a bit about me but all they did were just staring and eating at the same time which I didn’t care much about it. Another good thing was that Austin didn’t follow me or try to interrupt my lovely lunch time. I guessed he just realised of himself being an asshole to girls and was too embarrassed to follow a girl who just said disgust him in the public.

Well, that didn’t end well.

I meant, I couldn’t say that I hadn’t felt anything special about him. Actually, I had but not that much. It was just some kind of click like you walked in the supermarket and saw a hot guy walk pass you with a smile and you just interested in him. That’s all. This kind of feeling couldn’t be counted if thought about my 2 whole years with Eric. Gosh, I missed him. We ended up badly and at same time, I ran away without saying goodbye. But how can I say goodbye as I was the one who yelled at him to go away?

I signed and realised that I should stop thinking about Eric. I sat down on the grass at Yard 2. There were so many students around here, picnicking, reading books, listening to music, crossing legs with one another, making out and kissing. I watched as there was not even sign of any teacher to yell at them to stop doing something that should be done in private. Even though, they didn’t do anything that that much but it was still gross to just let others see this.

They seemed to realise that I was watching them. They stopped and looked at me. The girl tilted her head a little and moved her mouth in to words, what the fuck. So, I just said sorry to her back as the boy was pulling her face back to kissing.

I sighed with relief. I almost killed myself here. Gosh. I hadn’t even started the first day of school.

“Hey,” there was some voice coming from my back, so, I turned my head to see who it is, “What’s up? Why are you sitting alone?”

It’s a boy with brown hair. His skin was white. He sat down next to me when he saw me didn’t avoid him in any way. “Oh, hey. I’m new here and my only friend was gone to somewhere.” I said and smiled, “So, that’s the reason why I'm alone.”

“Right. Anyway, I’m Daniel. Daniel Reed” He said and took out his hand. I shook it.

“I’m Chesel Bales but you can call me Ches though.” Then, I pulled my hand back.

“Well, Ches, how long have you been here?” He asked and then took out his phone and typed something in it.

“Um.. A day, I guess. Half of yesterday and half of today.” I said. He laughed at my answer and flipped the phone back to his jeans’ pocket.

“You’re kind of funny, you know.” He said and smirked. And then looked out to the yard where I followed his eyes and saw the High-Five building.

“Can I ask you something?” I said before he began another sentence.

“Yes, of course. One day campus girl.”

“You’re kind of funny, you know.” I said to him sarcastically and acted like he just did to me before.

“Yeah, I know. What do you want to know? Except how can I skip the class or hit the teacher by moving things from faraway and it hit his/her head. Because, well, that depends on how brave you are to skip the class here and how you choose to learn the Motion class or not.”