1

Of course I couldn’t help myself, ever since I was born I was always drawn to the forest of Souls, it just felt right somehow, and that's why I’m standing at the entrance of the forest right now, debating whether its a good idea to risk getting in big trouble, but the pull of some magnetic force chose for me, as I took two steps into the forest, feeling giddy with excitement; “Akko! What  do you think your doing!?” Ursula yelped in fear as she pulled me out of the forest before I could go any further, “I… I wanted to check it out, it doesn’t seem all that scary,” I protested in a small whisper, feeling my wings twitch nervously, “you know we can’t, especially with all the tension between us and the Sun Clan, I don’t want you getting hurt,” she fussed, guiding me away from the forest and back to the castle, “I wish things were different, but with our clans fighting we have to be on our guard,” Urslua tried to explain, but I wasn’t much interested in excuses, “fine…  can I go back to my room, I’m a bit tired,” I said, stalking away from her.

Even though I should listen to Ursula, I couldn’t hold back anymore, I wanted to go check it out, spread my wings in a new place, maybe see all the things we don’t have here, and this time, there’s no going back.

Night swallowed the grounds in shadows, making it somewhat hard to see, making the forest even more enormous, but I shook away my anxiety and went straight in.