26. Welcome to. . .

Começar do início

He lightly tapped his forehead, the space between his brows, with two fingers.

Josh's shoulders tensed before dropping instantly along with a loud sigh. He begrudgingly placed the unfolded letter in his father's palm. The same look in his eyes as he kept eye out with his father but made no movements to act on whatever he thought.

Mr. L/n smiled sweetly, standing up and read the front page—Addressed to... Y/n?

He furrowed his eyebrows, a feeling bubbling in his stomach as he waved his wife over. Showing their daughter's name in the centre in perfect, familiar, writing.

Mrs. L/n's eyes widen, looking down at her daughter. Fingers covering her mouth in shock as she glanced at her two sons.

"When did this arrive?" She had asked. A small tone in her words as her eyes visibly narrowed.

"...a month ago." Joseph muttered, equally deflating with his brother the longer their mother stared with that look in her eye.

"A month!?" She suddenly shouted. "It's nearly September. The new school year starts on the first and today is.." she lightly snapped her fingers. "The 25th. Care to explain yourselves?"

Josh and Joseph froze. Sweat gathering on their foreheads as words struggled to form in their mouths. They stood with their mouths opening and closing, obvious fear in their (colour) eyes

Mr. L/N called his wife, eyes wide as she read through the context of the letter. "Don't be too harsh on the boys. They were just concerned for their little sister." He said, lowering the letter from his view to look at both his sons. A frown on his lips.

"But I am disappointed that you hidden this from us."

The twins flinched. Lowering their heads and frowned. Soft tears appeared on Joseph's eyes but he held them back stubbornly while Josh's shoulders shook. Instead of the guilt and shame Joseph felt, Josh felt enraged and betrayed. The letter in his father's hand stared that Y/n had been accepted to a school somewhere hidden nearby London. Miles away from home and the comforts they build since she was brought home.

He grit his teeth and turned his head, scowling at the thoughts of endless possibilities. "I don't see why she has to go." If he had managed to hide the letter until September 1, Y/n wouldn't have to go.

"She has to." His mother sighed. "Look, boys. I'm not mad. I understand that you want Y/n to stay but something important as this must be brought to our attention as soon as it arrives."

"Then how come Josh and I didn't go?" Joseph suddenly spoke up, voice holding together from the teary expression in his eyes. Josh's eyes widen softly, looking up at their parents.

"Ah, it is because other schools have been interested in you two." Their father said. Picking up the two boys and walked towards the living room with nothing but a peep from his sons while his Wife brought in Y/n.

The talk was something they dreaded. The two adults wanted nothing but a normal life for their children, away from politics and potential shaming from the public eye.

They were Blood-Traitors, after all.

The term left a sour taste in their tongue as Mr. L/n placed both his sons on the couch, Young Y/n being placed in between them as he and his wife sat on the sturdy table in front of them. Never had they ever thought about exposing themselves like this, but the letters were becoming a frequent problem that one addressed to their youngest had managed to slip past and into the hands of Josh.

They were their children, they had to know of themselves and the importance of their bloodline.

Y/n held the hands of her brothers, her lips pursed softly as worry crept into her stomach. Leaving an uncomfortable feeling blooming from there and stopping to her fingertips and toes.