Chapter 9

...............Jayden's POV...............

After school ended, Taylor and I stayed at the building for a while. He and I were sitting down by the front doors. Taylor was in my arms asleep and smiling.

I was on my phone until I saw someone walking onto the property. Long bright red hair cascading down her shoulders in a long ponytail. Naomi. She walked up to the west entrance and disappeared. I set Taylor on the ground softly and got up.

I went over to the side of the building to see what she was doing and saw Naomi and Sam. I had thought that they had a falling out before she left the school last year, but Sam enveloped Naomi in a tight, loving hug like they had been friends the entire time. They talked for a few minutes until Sam leaned in and kissed Naomi. I pulled out my phone and took a picture. I almost sent it to Mason, but I didn't. Not yet. I had to see what Naomi did next. Once they separated, I watched for a moment longer before I walked away and back to Taylor, who was now awake.

"What were you doing out there, Jayden? I woke up alone," he complained with a cute frown. I just shook my head.

"Don't worry about that, Love. I need to go somewhere," I told him, watching Naomi and Sam. His tattooed arms wrapped around her. It was disgusting. They got into Sam's car and drove off. I felt sick. I grabbed Taylor's arm and ran with him to my car. We got in and drove behind them. "Taylor, grab my phone and send the most recent picture to my brother. He needs to see it," I told him while unlocking my phone.

Taylor nodded and grabbed my phone. It took him a minute or so to do it and put my phone back on its stand. I thanked him, still looking at the road and Sam's car ahead. I sighed when he pulled up to his house and got out and parked on the other side of the road and turned off the car.

Taylor climbed over the console and into my lap. "Why was Naomi kissing that guy? Isn't she with your brother?"

"That's what I'm trying to figure out." I looked at the door and saw a little boy hugging her legs. I scoffed and looked at Taylor. "This is weird. I never thought she would do this. She loves Mason so much. Why would she cheat on him with Sam?" I muttered under my breath.

Taylor grabbed my face and kissed me with passion. I kissed him back but pulled away not long after. I looked back at the door. It was closed, and Naomi was nowhere to be seen before two figures showed up in a window. Naomi was pushed against it and Sam's hands were in her hair and moving down her body. I was disgusted.

My phone started vibrating. I reached around Taylor and grabbed it. Mason's name was on the screen. I answered the call and a yell immediately followed. "Why the fuck is my girl kissing that guy? She said she was seeing a girl named Mallory or whatever! Who the hell is he?" I sighed.

"His name is Sam, and the first question is what I'm trying to figure out right now. Have you done anything to her recently to make her do this?" I asked. Taylor looked at me with sadness in his eyes. I kissed his cheek quickly.

"Of course I haven't! I don't know why she would want to cheat," Mason defended. I could tell he was lying. He was being too defensive. It was too obvious.

"What have you done to her?" I growled at my stepbrother.

"Fine. After you left the kitchen last night, I slapped that bitch like she deserves to be. She was getting so close to you. I had to teach her a lesson, and I'm sure you heard my yelling as well." I was fuming.

"How often does this happen?" I spat at him. He chuckled darkly.

"Almost every day, Jayden. Has Naomi not confided in you about how mean I am?" He mused. He saw all this as a game. A joke to be played and laughed at.