What's This?

It was a cold snowy morning in February, L was in the bedroom typing away on his laptop for a case in his usual white baggy shirt and pants with the addition of socks (by force), while his husband was in the kitchen making some cheesecake pancakes and hot cocoa. As Light, in his fluffy black pajamas, red fluffy socks, and black slippers, was putting the finishing touches on the cocoa he heard the sound of scratching coming from the front door. Instantly, he realized their trouble-making kitten, Snowflake, made it outside. "Poor thing must be freezing, but how did she get out? L must've left a window open somewhere...," he mumbled as he shuffled over to the door to let the creature in. As he opened the door and called her in she made no movement even at the second call, so he begrudgingly glanced out in the cold to see why. The brunette glanced down only to see something that warmed and broke his heart at once. Little Snowflake curled around a little boy no older than five, with hair as pure white as the snow around him. The child had a small petite little figure much smaller than the average five-year-old, delicate little pale skin, and only in dirty, most likely, wet pajamas and socks. The poor boy looked practically frozen and so tiny. "Oh my gosh! What the hell?! Who loses their child in a blizzard?! Good girl Snow, let's bring him in," he rambled as he scooped up the young boy and brought him inside with Snowflake in tow carrying a dirty teddy bear.

        They rushed him to the living room and Snow drags over a warm blanket that Light swiftly wraps the child in. Nervously he checks the boy's pulse and sighs in relief at the slightly weak, but steady beat. "He's alive, but not doing well..." Light immediately rushes to the bathroom in the hall and runs a warm bath before swiftly fetching the boy and removing his pajamas and socks, but letting him keep his briefs before slowly laying the boy in the water. He runs the water all over the boy slowly and bathes him. While making sure to carefully wash his hair, he notices bruises and cuts all over the child's little body. 'Is the poor kid abused at home? I'll have to ask when he wakes up.' Light thought to himself, very concerned as he slowly pulled the boy out the tub and into a fluffy towel. Gently drying the boy, before putting ointment on the cuts, wrapping bandages around his injuries, and putting him on one of Light's fluffy pajama tops that turned into an over-sized dress on the boy and fluffy socks that go to his knees. 'This kid is tiny, but so cute! But I just wonder. How horrible was his home life that he would risk death in a blizzard? He's young and probably didn't think, just left.' While Light mentally fanboyed and mommed, he picked up the little sheep boy only to freeze at a soft groan and squirming. 'Oh thank god,' he pulled the boy back from his shoulder, watching him rub his eyes before two blackish-grey eyes peered up at him curiously. 'Did L make love to a sheep and not tell me?! This kid looks like their love child...' The boy stared at him nervously before sighing and asking the man holding him, "Who are you? Where am I and why am I here?"

        'Well he's certainly smart isn't he?' Light thought to himself as he sat next to the little boy on the couch with the kid re-wrapped in the blanket and holding the bear Snow gave him. "My name is Light Lawliet, you're in my house with me and my husband, our cat Snowflake found you unconscious on the porch and I brought you in to care for you. Why were you outside in the blizzard, why weren't you home?" Light noticed the boy flinch and look away, "I-I don't...have one...." the young sheep mumbled as Light's eyes widened, while his heart re-shattered, "What do you mean? You're homeless...? Where's your family?!" The boy's eyes turned cold, "Hopefully in Hell...where they belong..." Light could only flinch as he wondered 'What could they have done to make him leave and despise them so much?! He. Is. Five!' He pulled the boy on his lap and ran his fingers through his hair, "Tell me everything honey, it's okay I'll listen." The little one tensed before he clutched the man he now knew as Light, 'L-Listen...finally..someone can hear me! They'll actually sit and listen! I can...I might be able to trust this man, I hope.' He turned to the man and slowly nodded, "Okay, but it's a long story..." Light smiled at the boy and kissed his forehead murmuring, "We've got a long morning, tell me everything."