Looking down the list I saw that the last 2 tasks would need to be done on a computer, meaning that I'd have to do it when I get back to the house. Other than that, seems like a normal routine.

Even after the zoo closed 2 years ago and after losing 90% of the staff we still kept the same routine, obviously having more jobs to do around the zoo and not making any money was bad but for the animals non of us really cared about it. Rosemoor Zoo was never about the profit, it was all about the conservation and welfare of the animals, helping to raise awareness and educate children on animals in captivity and also in the wild. Or if you want to be a smarty pants In-situ and Ex-situ conservation. And yes that would be me.

What do you expect, I've been working at this zoo since I was born, I was practically raised with the knowledge of David Attenborough! These animals and the staff that are left are my family. After my Dad died 2 years ago Kelly adopted me and she's now my legal guardian, although I refused to move with her into her mothers House, I wanted to be in the comfort of my own property and my animals.

I have a connection with them like no other person could have and that nobody would understand.

Speaking of connections, my first task was to feed the Koalas. Last year one of the mother koalas gave birth and unfortunately neglected after her joey so I offered to hand-rear the little one, now she is old enough to look after herself i introduced her with the others a few months ago and everything seems to be fine.

Never thought I'd be a 'mom' at 13 but here I am a year later with a 1 year old moody Koala, but I love her. I ended up naming her Nola, god knows why but it sounds cute so. Sue me.

Whistling while on my way over to the Koala Enclosure I looked at the scenery, it was so beautiful here. Walking inside I made my way to the kitchen I looked at the feeding plan and started measuring out the food. On the desk beside me there was a picture of me and Nola, one of her when she was a juvenile Joey and one when it was her 1st birthday.

Smiling to myself I walked into the enclosure, spotting Nola instantly I went and started handling her

"Hello my angel, how are you this morning" I pet her softly as she judged her nose against my face. "Good I'm guessing?" I chuckled "well today you and your friends are getting
eucalyptus leaves so I hope you're hungry!"

Giving her a kiss on the head I placed her back on her tree and went to get the food before scattering it on the floor and also on pieces of wood and toys so they can forage for it like they would in the wild, it good exercise and enrichment for them.

"Bye guys" I said before locking the enclosure and ticking Koalas off my list.

Primate health checking was next on the list, not my favourite I have to admit. Actually I don't think it's anyone's favourite since every time you get close to one they throw poo at you. So the saying cheeky monkey works quite well in this case.