Klaus on Case

After handing this peculiar case over to my friend Klaus, It barely took him two days to solve the mystery. Here's what he said:-

Ambiguity which remains unanswered in the case:

-Was the food in kitchen rotten/stale, were there flies and insects over the food

- Was Thomas Marshall in the habit of making elaborated log entries describing the behavior of his colleagues?

-For how many days did the actual storm last?

-Habits, temperament and personal lifestyle of the members remained unanswered which were quite important aspects in clearly explaining the events which must have happened.

Presumptions (based on available information):

-Since the condition was described as one depicting the incident to have happened a week before, it is safe to assume that kitchen was in complete mess and have stale food on the table.

-Since it was specifically told in the narration that log entries sounded ominous from 12th Dec, it surely must have been very much different prior to the event before 12th and was made by the same person otherwise different handwriting would have been mentioned.

Important Highlights:

I do not know whether my explanation will suffice your excitement about the case or not but with all the available information, I have reached a very logical and supportive conclusion about the whole incident. Whatever be the fact, it surely is not a case where the members were blown away by the storm or had sunk in the sea, and obviously not an iota of possibility of any supernatural or ominous event.