They're Gone And Its Collapsing☽21☾

Start from the beginning

"Bastard?" Isabel asked with furrowed brows. She had assumed that Hayley was her full sister. Even though her aunt and uncle told her this Andréa girl was her half-sister but they also said she was dead yet here she was, alive and well.

"Didn't you notice? My last name is just Paxon. We don't share the same mom."

"Oh." The pregnant wolf muttered, glancing at the ground briefly.

"I know this doesn't change what I did in the past but you are the only family I have left and I really want to try and be sisters." Hayley admitted with all honesty. "And maybe formally meet my niece and of course baby Mikaelson."

"I'm over it Hayley. As much as it hurt -and it did- It's over and done with. I've also realized that it was for the better." Isabel smiled at the brunette warmly. "And I'm not forgiving you because you have apologized or because you know how much it hurt me but because I just want peace."

"Hug?" Hayley asked nervously with a small grin.

"I think we both really need one." The blonde chuckled before pulling Hayley in for a hug.

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

The French Quarter threw an Irish-style wake in Father Kieran's honor at Rousseau's, complete with Irish music, lots of alcohol, and tons of people who have gathered to share stories of the late priest and celebrate his life.

Isabel and Andrew entered Rousseau's for Father Kieran's wake. The blonde looked around with a raised brow at the lively bar. Isabel had never seen people so happy during a wake. She was use to a sad and somber mood when it came to death. Isabel spotted Klaus and Elijah and started walking over to them.

Elijah noticed the girl and smiled at her. "I will warn you, Isabella, Niklaus is in a spectacularly foul mood today." Elijah warned the girl as she sat in between them and Andrew sat beside Elijah.

Klaus glared at his older brother. "Sod off."

"Are you okay?" She asked her parabatai. He kept his eyes off her as an unsettling feeling lied in his stomach, flashes of her and Rose dead swimming through his mind. "Fine then. Be that way. So the reason I'm here. What's the deal with these moonlight rings?" She asked. "Oliver's trying to set a revolution every five seconds. People are scared, angry, and frankly, I'm tired of stalling."

"It's a day of peace, Bel. Try and enjoy it. And, in the meantime, with all manner of unknown enemies conspiring against our family, you'll move back in with us," Klaus told her.

"Yeah." She scoffed as she shifted a bit to be more comfortable. "Okay. Then what? Stay there guarded with nothing to do and no freedom? No, I'm very capable of looking after myself. Thank you very much."

"The rings are in progress," Klaus told her with a frustrated look on his face, still avoiding looking at her fully. "I will live up to my word. We will find and punish whoever launched the attack on the Bayou, and you will return to the compound for your own safety!" Isabel sighed. "But, right now." He grabbed his bottle of scotch. "I'm gonna finish this bottle." He opened the bottle as Elijah Isabel and Andrew exchange a glance. "And the next, in the hopes of drowning the demon who has chosen today to haunt me." He looked up at the ceiling before chugging right from the bottle. "Cheers, Mikael. Impeccable, Freudian timing."