Part 2: Plans for the Alliance

Edelgard just continues to stare at Dimitri for a while until Claude decides to turn back around and to interrupt them both.

"So Princess, got anything planned?" Claude asked

"Yes but we will talk about it later, for now, I am planning to return back to Enbarr," said Edelgard

Dimitri places his right hand onto his lower chin. 

"Enbarr? The Imperial Capital, what business d..." Dimitri soon fit the puzzle together "Yo...it can't...Edelgard are you planning to become Emperor?" Dimitri asked as he lowers his arm back to normal. 

Claude started to smirk as he places his hand onto his lower chin. 

"That is correct Prince Dimitri, I am planning to become the new Emperor of the Adrestian Empire as my father, the current Emperor doesn't have much time left in this world, Hubert and I have already started plans for my coronation but if you like I could invite you two of you to Enbarr for my coronation,"

"Oh, we get a free ride to the Imperial capital itself, alright Princess, I accept your invitation, once it prepared of course, just remember to tell us the exact date...when it ready," said Claude 

"If Claude accepts then so will I, but...may I ask, how are going to excuse ourselves from academy without making it too suspicious? After all, one wrong move could lead to our doom," said Dimitri 

"That will be easily Dimitri, we just tell them that we have a 'field trip' to Enbarr...of course we would need 'teach' permission...Edelgard you know what to do," said Claude as he faces Edelgard

Edelgard nods in response "I do, I tell you when everything is prepared, for now, let us just enjoy the time here at the academy while we can, once that time has arrived...there is no turning back," 

"I fully agree with you Princess Edelgard...but is this really the only choice?" Dimitri asked as he frowns.

"If there was another way, I would have picked it, right now the cards inside my hand is very limited and I have to work around it...so I did...even though it might not be the best morally," said Edelgard who faced towards Dimitri ignoring Claude. Her eyes seem to be filled with sadness within her as she tries to stand strong on the outside. 

"...I understand," Leans over to Edelgard hear while Claude started to giggle a bit "Can we talk privately after this?" Dimitri asked in which Edelgard nods silently.

"The biggest worry for me and...the rest of us is Professor Byleth herself...even though she is the Black Eagles...I am worried that she might stick with Rhea instead of her own students, if so..." Edelgard looked away from Claude and Dimitri "I don't what to think about if we fail," she turned her face back around towards Claude and Dimitri as they both also had a worried look on their faces.

"That...that is very true..but you know I am jealous that you got teach teaching you...anyways like Edelgard, I will also be returning back to the Alliance to become it, Leader." turns towards Edelgard and his voice start to turn serious "Edelgard I need you to come with me as right now there a faction that supports the Empire within the Alliance itself and well they would happily join your side heck give the part that supporting the Empire to you to save me some trouble," Turns towards Dimitri "Also Dimitri you should also come as well," said Claude

"Well, the only one remaining is you Prince Dimitri...are you willing to become King of Faerghus?" Edelgard asked

"Yes, I will ask my Uncle about the change of plans and become the new King of Faerghus...if I invite you two along to the Kingdom Capital and with the granted support of House Fraldarius it would make things much easier," He turns to face Claude and Edelgard "So Princess Edelgard, Claude Von Riegan will you accept my invitation to the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus?"