1

A/N

"Hobbitish" (made it by myself)

"Sindarin" (internet)

"Khuzdul" (internet)

~~~~

In a hole on the ground lived a Hobbit lass. It was in no way a nasty hole, because it was a Hobbit hole and that means comfort. It's round door had just been painted in a beautiful green colour. Outside the smial- as the Hobbits called it- sat a beautiful Hobbit lass who wasn't exactly like other Hobbit lassies as she was far too adventurous compared to others. Her caramel brown hair was curled and she was wearing an outfit most respectable Hobbit nobles wore. However, the lassie was in no shape respectable. She might have acted like it but she wasn't. She acted 'respectable' to not to be scorned by her society. She didn't age like others did, she looked far younger than other women aged 50. She could also grow a beard (which she always shaved off), a fact that only her parents knew and they had fallen during the Fell winter over 30 years ago. You see, the Hobbit was actually only 35% Hobbit as she was 65% dwarf. Her great great great Grandfather from her mother's side was half dwarf too and the lassie's biological father was a dwarf. The lass was named Beryl Baggins and she was the daughter of Belladonna Took and Dwalin son of Fundin, and the adoptive daughter of Bungo Baggins.

Beryl smoked her pipe as a wizard named Gandalf the Grey approached her. "Good morning, Tharkén," Beryl said as she opened her green eyes. "Ah, you still remember me, Beryl," Gandalf said with surprised happiness. "What business do you have here? You have not been here for any parties since my coming of age celebration," Beryl stated. "I'm looking for someone to join me in an adventure," Gandalf said as he directed his gaze to Beryl. "You know that I can't join them... I have responsibility and I don't want to be known as mad Baggins for the rest of my life, but I don't want to stay here," Beryl sighed. "But you're not a Baggins by blood, you're a Took and daughter of a dwarf. You're only a Baggins by adoption and your farce of being a full Hobbit will be found out soon," Gandalf said. "Not if I die because of an unfortunate accident," Beryl huffed. "Don't you dare do that Beryl daughter of Belladonna!" Gandalf bellowed. "It's not like he wants me, he left mada!" Beryl exclaimed. "It doesn't mean he even knows or knew of your existence," Gandalf pointed out. Tears filled Beryl's eyes, "Would you suggest that he is dead?" She asked quietly. "It is possible, but I think he is alive," Gandalf said. "I hope I can someday ask why he left mada," Beryl said. "I hope so too," Gandalf said.

"How many quests should I be expecting?" Beryl asked. "13 dwarves along with myself," Gandalf said as he left a mark on the door of Bag End. "Alright, I'll cater to their needs. But don't expect me to join you on this adventure," Beryl said as she went to get her basket. Gandalf only smiled as he watched Beryl go towards the marketplace.

"Miss Beryl!" A young Hobbit lad grinned as he greeted Beryl. "Ah, Mr Proudfoot," Beryl gave a polite smile. "I brought you flowers! Will you allow me to court you this time?" Proudfoot asked. "No, I do not wish to marry any time soon. Also it's Baggins to you," Beryl scoffed. "But we're meant to be! We first met at the night of my coming of age under the stars and as we danced, a shooting star crossed the sky! It was romantic," Proudfoot sighed. "You were pigging out at the table, your touch felt uncomfortable to me, I'm older than you by 15 years and I'm not interested in lazy idiots like you. I require those who are intelligent and have worked hard on their farms or even when helping the rangers with guarding the shire," Beryl rebutted and walked away from the frozen Proudfoot lad.