Your Highness Wishes to Speak // Job Hunting

SYNOPSIS

Asch thinks his word is still all-powerful and absolute here in E-arth. Emphasis on "thinks". Here is the first tale through the prince's perspective, based on the 15th episode of MID and each of the Daemos' ways of impressing Ava.

=====

"You need a job."

I whipped around, my eyes slits of irritation, "Excuse me?"

Ava the human was standing me down with that unknowable spark from somewhere, "The others went along with it. Why can't you?"
"Because I refuse to stoop so low as to do peasant work," I spat, "A prince has standards."
"You helped clean my apartment, didn't you? Those are some pretty peasant-y standards."
I closed the distance between us in an instant, looming over her as threateningly as possible, "Bold of you to call me a peasant, prisoner."

"I-I mean, it's not that bad to have a job,"  She somehow recovered quickly from her fright and shrugged me off, "It's respected, even. It's how humans survive. Not everyone has some royal demon gold stash, you know."

I found myself flinching away from Ava's warm touch and barely glaring away a blush, "What would I gain from such menial chores?"
"Um, like, anything? Anything more productive besides walking around my bedroom, staring at empty spaces and knocking stuff over like a..." She stopped raising her voice, "Cat. Huh."
I crossed my arms, "My methods are productive. I am securing the area and keeping you, er, the prisoner safe."

"Oh please, a human sorceress as gifted as I has no need for protection from a peasant."

...

Did...

Did she just taunt me?

I grabbed her wrist and dragged the princess out of the bed, her protests trailing behind us. Finally, sounds familiar to my ears.
"What's your problem?!" Ava broke away from my grip as we reached the doorway.
"You are going to find me a human job," I had to say this through gritted teeth.
"I was going to even before you got so needy!" She sighed, "How about we go around to the others and see which job you like? Then you can start off with someone you know."

Something raw growled in my throat, "I am not needy."
"Desperate, touchy, whatever! Let's just catch up to Leif before he leaves for work," she led the way out of the apartment and I hated it.

---

Soon we met Leif at the ground floor, wearing a bland blue uniform and a lack of horns

Soon we met Leif at the ground floor, wearing a bland blue uniform and a lack of horns. He was also carrying an ungodly amount of mail.
"Hey, Leif," Ava began.
"I've only been gone for a moment and you already miss me, Princess~?" The Daemos with silver hair was ever the flatterer.
"If worrying that you'll stab your boss on the job counts as missing you, then yes."
"Aw," Leif grinned behind his leaning tower of parcels and letters, "you know me too well."
The human paused, "Wait, you were actually going to stab your boss? You just got this job yesterday!"
"Assassins work for themselves."