He stopped in his tracks then, and I actually thought I had gotten to him but there was no hope in his last choice of words as he held his peace, “Don’t threaten me with a good time.”

Every last piece of my resistance broke right then. I knew exactly what I wanted, and he just made it one hundred percent clear that I was never going to get it.

Climbing the stairs two a time I made my way back to my room to help Samantha with my packing.

***

I was standing outside the car waiting for the guys to finish placing my bags in the trunk. I took in the gothic style manor one last time as everyone gathered around to give me a farewell, and see me off.

Trix wrapped her chubby little arms around my shins in a hug, “Don’t go,” she squeaked, her voice cracking as the tears poured down her cheeks.

Silver gave us both a sympathetic look as James took his place beside her after finishing with my bags.

Scooping up Trix, I tried to wipe away her tears but they just kept coming, “It’s going to be all right, Bella Trix. You still have your mommy and daddy. Samantha and Trace, too.”

She sniffed trying to catch her breath, “Trace hates me.”

“Don’t say that. He loves you. He did name you after all,” she hiccupped in response. “I love you, always know that.”

She proceeded to wrap her arms around my neck pressing her damp cheek against mine, “I love you more.”

My heart was breaking more and more each second.

Placing Trix in the arms of her father, I asked, “Where’s Trace?”

They all gave each other awkward glances before Silver spoke up, “Honey, he refused to come.”

My heart lurched in my chest, “What? Why?”

She just shook her head, we all knew why. It was obvious.

On instinct, I looked beyond the house and wasn’t surprised at what I saw. Trace standing there in his wolf form. His eyes glazed over with a glare.

I don’t know who he hated more. Julian for giving me the freedom that I no longer wanted or me for leaving him behind.

Both, probably.

Confusion clouding my mind, I allowed everyone to hug me and give their farewells.

Samantha didn’t say anything she just hugged me extra tight and looked away when she let go.

 Silver said she was thankful for getting the chance to meet me. After all I was the one that got her away from that creep Cole.

James was last, when I was enveloped in his strong embrace, I could feel his strength and wisdom, “Keep in mind that everything happens for reason.”

I gave them all a weak smile sneaking a glance in the direction trace had been standing then slipping into the car look up into the front facing windows of the Clark manor I was going to miss more than they all knew.

The last thing I seen as I shut the door was the silhouette of Julian as he watched out the window with a grim look on his face that made my stomach twist uncomfortably giving me the impression that I had swallowed my heart.

As the car started down the long driveway toward the wrought iron gate I turned in my seat until they all disappeared into the foliage that secluded them from the rest of the world.

The last thing I saw was breath taking and heart shattering.

I watched as Trace sat just inside the lining of the tree’s as he let out the saddest and hopeless howl, leaving me feeling empty as I got further and further away from him.

The connection between us hadn’t seemed so potent these last couple of months. However, when distance was involved surely it wasn’t going to be easy to ignore.

I was flying high above the clouds now, getting further away and feeling more cracked and broken than ever.

As I stepped out into the heat of the summer New York sun, I slowly made it towards the car my mother had shown up in as the driver tucked my luggage away.

I had my shades on so my mother couldn’t see my bloodshot tears stained eyes as she wrapped me in a hug, “Welcome home, baby.”

When we were situated and the car started, I  could help but play back her words as I took in the busy NYC scenery.

If home was wherever the heart was, I couldn’t help but imagine the broken pieces of what was left of my heart being swept up by the manor help as she cleaned the foyer.

 Author's Note:

        ---> This as you know it is entered into the WattyAwards. I'm seriously hoping to gain all of my readers and fans support. So, please if you believe that this story is worth it, vote! Every vote counts so pleasse go back and vote the chapters you missed.

Thanks! J<3nny