Field Trip Reprise Part 2

Start from the beginning

Don't you dare kill yourself, Peter.

"Shut it, V!" Peter hissed.

"'Scuse me, darlin?"

Peter blushed. "No, no, not you! The monster that inhabits my body! He's annoying."

Harley chuckled, all deep down in his throat. Peter blushed again.

"Whatever you say, darlin, just keep talkin."

Peter's face was gonna be red forever now.

And then, pure hell broke loose.

Flash had been yelling at Peter and Harley, but they had been ignoring him. However, as soon as that dreadful, homophobic, f word came out of his mouth, Clint descended from the motherfucking heavens (aka the vents on a grappling hook that Peter wasn't going to question. 

Winter stormed in the door, Natasha hot on his heels. Not Bucky. Winter.

Instinctively, Peter threw himself into the line of fire. He tackled Flash to the ground and shielded his body with the smaller boys own.

"Everyone calm down!"

Peter, get out of the way.

"Shut up, V. Winter, Nat, Clint, I'm fine. He doesn't hurt me. I can handle this. I have for seven years, and just because I have Avengers on my side now doesn't mean I'm helpless! I. Can. Handle. This."

Everyone was staring. Peter, for once, didn't care.

Peter didn't care.

Peter didn't care.

And then, Peter passed out.

...

Wake up, kiddo.

"V, quit calling me that."

"Peter? Thank god you're awake!"

"Turn the lights off," Harley whispered to May.

Even through his eyelids, he was starting to get sensory overload, and he greatly appreciated Harley at that moment.

The lights dimmed and Peter felt safe enough to open his eyes.

Harley was already quietly catching him up, helping Peter focus on the present.

"Your class went back to school. You've been out for a couple hours, but not too long. You keep muttering my name in your sleep, but other than that pretty normal."

Peter could see the bags under Harley's eyes, and stood up, setting his resolve. He grabbed Harley's arm and dragged the older boy towards his room in the tower. When he finally got there, he threw the boy onto his bed.

"Kinky," the older boy winked.

"Nope," Peter replied. "I am going to cuddle you until you fall asleep."

Harley gave him a soft smile and Peter pounced, pinning the boy to the bed and wrapping all his limbs around him like a koala.

Harley gently wrapped his arms around the soft boy hanging off him and buried his head into the younger boys back, and slept for the first time in three and a half days.

...

When they woke up, they had slightly shifted so that they were more comfortable, but mostly they were the same as the previous night.

Peter's eyes slowly cracked open, immediately taking in the scent of the Tennessee boy all around him. In his sweatshirt, in his face, everywhere. Peter nuzzled further into the warmth of Harley's stomach and yawned quietly.

Harley slowly blinked awake shortly after. When he noticed the boy burrowing into his chest, he simply wrapped his arms around him tighter and stood up. Peter's legs dangled around Harley's waist and he stifled another yawn.

When they walked into the kitchen, they were greeted by a cast of Avengers digging into Bucky's pancakes. Natasha set down plates down at the only empty spot.

"Sorry guys, everyone else is up. You'll have to share the seat."

Peter finally unlatched himself from Harley and landed delicately in the floor. He pecked Harley's lips like it was the most normal thing in the world to do, and walked over to the chair. Harley sat down in it in a daze, and Peter sat quietly on his lap, going straight for the pancakes.

Maybe this wasn't as complicated as Harley thought it would be.

...

Or, maybe it was. Harley had always been considering the fact that Peter might like him, but he had always failed to consider his murderous aunts and uncles.

After the wonderful pancakes, Peter and Harley were heading to the lab when Harley got pulled to the side by Natasha, Clint, and Winter.

They pulled him into a little alcove, and Peter rolled his eyes and told them to send Harley down when were done.

Harley looked at the three assassins. Natasha spoke first.

"What are your plans with Peter, young one?"

Harley decided it was best to answer honestly. "I don't know for sure yet, Ms. Romanoff, but I think I want to marry him someday. I've already fallen in love."

Natasha smiled and sent Harley on his way.

Harley didn't look back.

...2 years later...

"Peter Benjamin Parker, I love you more than life itself. Will you marry me?"

Tears slipped down Peter's face as Harley said the words he'd always wanted to hear. He gently took the ring box out of Harley's hands and set it on the table. Harley's eyes widened, thinking he was being rejected.

Then, Peter launched himself into Harley's arms.

"Yes, yes, yes, yes!" Peter blubbered as he clung to Harley, with Harley clinging right back.

Harley gently pulled the ring out of the box on the table and slipped it on Peter's finger. It was beautiful, a silver ring with a small ruby in it.

Peter held Harley tight as the restaurant cheered around them.

...3 days later...

Harley watched, fat tears rolling down his cheeks as May and Tony walked Peter down the aisle. Harley and Bruce waited at the end. Finally, Peter stepped up onto the altar, his own tears rolling from his eyes, and took Harley's hands in his own.

Bruce performed a quick ceremony with the forest chirping around them. The only people attending were the Avengers and Harley's sister.

When Harley kissed Peter, he saw stars. But not in a bad way, in a way that sent butterflies through his brain and a hulk stomping through his stomach.

And they were happy.

...3 years later...

"Harley!" Peter dived at him as soon as he opened the door.

"Woah! What's up, darlin?"

"We got the call!" There were tears rolling down his cheeks again. "There's a woman in Brooklyn who picked us!"

"We're getting a baby?"

"We're getting a baby!"

Harley held Peter close and embraced him.

...5 months later...

"It's okay, Brenda, breathe!"

And then the baby was out. A beautiful, little itty-bitty baby girl.

Brenda was wheeled off into recovery, and Harley and Peter were left alone with the baby.

"What should we name her?" Harley whispered after a moment.

"Rei," Peter answered after a minute of consideration. "Rei Anne Keener."

Harley nodded, looking over Peter's shoulder at the little baby.

"Welcome to the world, Rei."