Chapter 1 - Shoot, princess

Chapter 1

Classes were finally over for the day and I was anticipating leaving the compound as soon as possible. I was walking down the hallway of the school to the car park like everyone else but I was the only one who got pinned by the locker by a very questionable-looking male. Not that I wanted to look, he had broken teeth, overly long blue hair, piercings everywhere and a breath that stinks as if he had never owned a toothbrush in his life. How did he even get into the school compound? Oh, right, the guard by the entrance must have fallen asleep. Again.

The male opened his mouth to say something but he was cut short by someone ripping him off of me by the collar and sending him hitting the wall. I looked up at Blake and gave him an appreciative smile, straightening my now wrinkled blouse and my hair that was pressed up against the locker. As flattering as that position would've been, I silently hoped it was Blake in that man's position.

Blake, he was tall - like, really tall. Brunette with dark brown eyes. His body was nicely toned which was expected - I mean, he's a body guard. Blake is my personal body guard. He follows me everywhere, that's his job but I never actually treated him as a body guard. I treated him like how I would treat my friend. Well, he was my childhood friend after all so I could not see him as anything else no matter how much my father had advised me to keep it professional.

I looked at the male glaring at Blake. Comparatively, that man can never stand a chance against Blake. He was trained in combat and could probably take that guy down with just a punch. Chuckling, I grabbed Blake's wrist as I dragged him to the carpark before he could do anything else to anyone.

The carpark was starting to slowly clear up as people left to go home as eagerly as a tiger hunting for its prey. I let go of Blake's wrist when I was sure he wasn't about to go back in as we walked towards Blake's motorbike parked on the far end of the carpark where all the other motorbikes were. Surprisingly, only three people excluding Blake owned a motorbike in the whole school. Everyone else either had a hand-me-down car that looked like it could lose its tyres with little tap or an overly expensive care that could belong to a million dollar advertisement.

"So, how was Maths?" Blake asked, narrowing his eyes at me. I have a feeling he heard about what happened in class. Avoiding his gaze, I kept my eyes on the direction we were heading towards.

Okay, I'm really bad at Maths. I don't know why. I just don't do numbers. "Good, I guess?" I laughed, nervously, hoping that he wouldn't press further.

Blake chuckled and stopped as we reached his motorbike. Thankfully, he didn't question it. He got on the motorbike and handed me a helmet. I took it and put it on before swinging my leg over the seat to climb on, gripping onto the fabric of his shirt for balance. He kicked the engine to life and took off really fast with the wind blowing my hair everywhere.

I remember when I used to hate riding on his motorbike. Everyday, I would beg Harry, the gang's second-in-command to lend one of the many cars they had but I don't know what persuasive trick Blake had against Harry, we were stuck with the motorbike. I got used to it after I had slowly begun to trust his ability to ride one but I still would never get on it without a helmet that Blake stubbornly refuses to wear.

After sometime, Blake parked the motorbike in front of a restaurant we often go to after school. Mainly because Blake needed to get his gun from the worker in the restaurant who was one of my father's people that he had distributed all throughout the area for, he said and I quote, "my own safety."

As we both walked into the restaurant, Ethan, the guy who had Blake's gun greeted us as he gestured for us to come to the back. I had seen this man more often than my own father. I wonder why they don't ever change the location for receiving the gun. At this point, if anyone was spying on us, a rookie would be able to pick up the pattern within just two days. I looked at Ethan who tried his best not to look suspicious as he grabbed the gun from a locked drawer.

Ethan, he was about my height, dark skinned, hazel eyes and black hair. He was a really nice guy. Sometimes I even wonder how did he even end up in a gang. Maybe he owed my father, just like how most of the people in the gang did.

I wasn't even paying attention when Blake had already taken the gun from Ethan. He turned around to face me. "Take a seat and order. I'll be there in a while. Just got to sort things out," Blake said, his tone even but not commanding. I watched his retreating back as he disappeared into a section of the restaurant with Ethan.

I shrugged to myself as I found a seat for two in the corner. I've never really tried to dig deeper on the things my father does for the gang. This life was given to me without a choice and I was trying to live as normally as I can. I was aware that my father had plans of letting me lead the gang when he steps down but I have been showing signs that I wasn't interested.

My eyes scanned the place, out of habit of searching for anyone wanting to attack us. Usually, this restaurant would be really crowded but surprisingly, today, there were only a few mindless drones, who have nothing better to do than to munch on overpriced food, wandering about the place.

After a while, the waiter finally realized I was sitting like I was at the park, enjoying the view and handed me a menu with a brief apology. They didn't provide many choices here, so I picked the first one my finger landed on, which happened to be Mushroom Ravioli. I knew what Blake would usually order whenever we had to come here but I didn't bother, simply just to tease him.

The waiter took my order and walked away. As I was looking around, I spotted a mirror opposite me with a reflection of a girl with a very messy hair. I had a feeling the wind would've made my hair result in this tumbleweed of a mess.

I smoothed down my hair as much as possible just as Blake sat in front of me, blocking all sights of the mirror, "Ordered for me?" he asked.

"Nope," I said popping the 'p' with a grin.

Sighing he said with sarcasm clear in his voice, "How kind, thank you."

I laughed as he got up and grabbed a menu from the counter. I watched as he looked over the menu even though he'd seen the menu way too many times before. "I'm bored of these food," he mumbled, dropping the menu on the table and leaning back against the chair, "Want to go to another restaurant?"

"But I already ordered," I retorted.

"But you haven't paid," he simply stated, getting up and pulling me along with him. I didn't argue, just followed him to the motorbike like I always would.

"Wait, if you're going to go somewhere else, I get to choose the place," I voiced out, a smile tugging at my lips.

"Shoot, princess."

"McDonalds!" I exclaimed, getting on the motorbike excitedly.

"If you get fat, it's not my problem," he mumbled, getting on the bike and driving off. My weight was th least of my worries at the moment. I was craving burger and nothing can get in my way. Or so I thought.
________________________________

- S.R. Fizz