xxvii

when angels mated, it was for life. intimacy was not a thing to be taken lightly.

so, naturally, brett had never had his first kiss.

he'd heard stories, though, up in heaven, from cupid and other angels who'd already found their forever loves. he had always been told that kisses were the highest form of heavenly bliss—slow, gentle, sweet.

this was not like that.

this was the devil's kiss.

fast, rough, hot. eddy was taking no prisoners.

eddy's mouth had enveloped his without warning, pulling and tugging and licking, leaving the angel gasping for air. the sound reverberating loudly throughout the otherwise silent room—yet somehow it still felt like he was holding himself back.

if brett thought it was hard to breathe before, it was impossible now. trying to keep up with eddy's fast pace was difficult enough, and he definitely couldn't do it with the demon's finger's still pressed against his neck.

he tugged on the hem of eddy's shirt in a feeble attempt to slow him down, but it only seemed to spur the demon on. brett was getting lightheaded and fuzzy, and although his eyes were already shut, he could feel them closing further. any noise of pleasure or protest died before it could come to life, eddy was making sure of it, with how roughly his lips pulled at brett and how persistently his tongue stroked the inside of his cheeks.

eddy could feel the angel weakening beneath him, and it made the feral, demon part of his brain innately satisfied, proud that he had completely dominated the smaller boy. he'd never be able to get enough of this—the power, the control over his angel, all with a simple kiss.

he could tell that brett was losing air as soon as the sensation of small fingers brushing against his abdomen had faded away, and he didn't want the poor angel to pass out, so he sucked on brett's plump bottom lip one last time before pulling away and releasing his grip on the angel's neck. the breathless angel lay under him, fragile and subdued, eyes hooded with desire (or was that sleepiness?) and chest heaving. eddy dragged a single finger up the small boy's neck, stopping right at the corner of his reddened, glossy lips, where breaths came out in short pants.

he leaned in again, his lips brushing brett's. the angel's tongue darted out to wet his lips in hopeful anticipation. but eddy wasn't going to let the angel win again.

"sleep," eddy whispered, low and smooth.

and brett was gone.

the angel woke up to find his lips bruised and tender from the fuzzy events of the previous night.

for some unidentifiable reason, his heart felt so light that he almost thought it would fly right out of his chest. he felt like a warm spring day on this cool autumn morning, staring at the demon's peaceful, sleeping face.

"eddy?" the angel whispered, his finger lightly poking the demon's firm arm that caged him in.

the taller boy groaned into his pillow, unconsciously pulling the angel closer.

"shhhh," he mumbled.

"i—" brett started.

"go back to sleep," eddy grumbled, pressing a finger up to brett's lips to silence him.

and then he felt a warm tongue travel up the length of his finger, and he was wide awake.

waking up to the sight of the angel all pink and flushed, peering up at him with a puppy-like, pouting gaze, and practically sucking on his finger was a dangerously addicting notion for eddy.