Chapter Thirty Two

Start from the beginning

"Yes this feels really good"

"When contractions begin the best technique is rocking your waist side to side while inhaling and exhaling slowly while dad here holds your sides and gently massages your back"

Ermias got behind his pregnant girlfriend holding her sides like he would in the bedroom while she rocked side to side rubbing herself against him, he reached up delivering another love tap to her butt.

"Babbbby you are embarrassing me" London whines ashamed that the instructor had to witness this.

"It's quite alright London, I love a couple who can have fun at any time it will be fantastic during your labor and delivery making it more easier and peaceful"

"See Boog, stop being stuck up you know you like when I be doing dis at home"

"How long have you two been married?"

"Oh no we aren't married" London answered quickly, Ermias let go of her waist.

"Not yet but it's gonna be soon"

Being wrapped up in preparing for the baby and Ermias running his business the couple had no time to speak on their plans for the future pertaining to their relationship.

"Yeah okay" London laughed it off, she had assumed that her boyfriend wasn't the type for that type of commitment and even if he was not this soon.

" You don't believe me ?"

London sat back down facing towards Ermias, she shrugged not sure what to believe.

"You've never once brought up marriage in a serious convo anytime you have spoken about it, it was jokingly so I don't know what to think"

"You think I'm just going to give you a baby and not give you a ring?"

"You did that to Emani's mom so what makes me so different ?"

"You not Emani's mom, what we had ain't da same as what you and I have"London sighed.

"Even if you did want to marry me I know it wouldn't be any time soon we haven't even met our one year anniversary yet and we are still trying to get to know each other"

Ermias sucked his teeth all he was hearing out of London's mouth were excuses.

"If you not ready for dat type of commitment just say dat instead of acting like I don't want to get married"

"Can we talk about this after class?"

"Whatever you want"

Ermias decided to let it go for the time being knowing the class was more important since London was closing in on her due date.

Something was holding her back and Ermias couldn't figure out what, things were going so well with them he didn't understand why she was avoiding the idea of them being married.

"You hungry?" London rubbed her belly nodding.

"If that mean I get to eat what I want then yes I'm hungry if not take me home so I can sneak my junk food"

"Boog"

"Ermias I'm not playing, I'm almost eight months pregnant and I want to eat what the fuck I feel like eating without you acting like my daddy"

"Fine Lomdon eat whatever da fuck you want I'm tryna help you out so you don't put on too much weight and be struggling once you have our son"

He thought she had put on too much weight? She couldn't see past her belly but she knew for sure her thighs were bigger and her ankles and feet were swollen.

"So now I'm gaining too much weight ?"

"Now don't get fucking emotional dat ain't what I said, I said I'm trying to help you avoid it so you won't be insecure once you give birth"

"Can't I just enjoy this pregnancy without having you over my shoulder making sure I don't get too fat for your liking?"

"Man you making a big deal out of nothing I'm just trying to help yo ass so I won't hear yo mouth about how you hate da way you look after giving birth"

London snatched the car door open getting inside slamming his car door.

"Here you go again being mean! I told you about this shit Ermias you need to fix the way you speak to me you may not want to hurt me but you do, I'm not one of your niggas stop being so rough with me"

"London I'm just trying to help damn, stop being sensitive"

" I'm pregnant! I'm emotional and hungry, you yelling at me isn't helping me" London cried resting her head against the window.

"Boog come on what we arguing for? today suppose to be a good day"

"This is why I can't marry you" Ermias froze staring over at London who looked out the window wiping her face.

"What you mean London? A relationship ain't suppose to be perfect we gonna argue sometimes"

" I know that but do I always have to be verbally abused by you when you are upset? It's never a little argument with you it's always you saying something to hurt me, I can't deal with you like this for the rest of my life"

"It's not always going to be like dis"

"Why does it have to be like this at all? Why can't you just be nice to me and put the tough street act to the side when you're with me and actually be vulnerable? Why do I get treated like the enemy?"

Ermias could hear the pain laced in his woman's voice and that cut him deep, he hadn't realize how his approach was too rough for her and she just wanted him to be more gentle with her.

"Boog-

"It's okay Ermias I just want to ride in silence right now" London looked down at her lap with a defeated expression and hunched shoulders.

The ring hidden in a shoe box deep in his closet collecting dust would just have to wait even longer because he had much more to work on within himself before making London his wife.

"You want tacos?"

"I'll just eat the fruit salad you have for me in the fridge"

London whispered keeping her eyes out the tinted window, staying quiet for the rest of the ride.

"You want to watch a movie wit me?" Ermias felt guilty for making her feel small and insecure, he was trying his best to change for her.

"I'm just going to lay down"

London dragged her feet into the house with her head bowed by passing the kitchen going straight for the bedroom, kicking off her sneakers and sliding off the maternity jeans she got into bed pulling the covers over her head to silence out her sobs.

"I'm going out for a second"

"O-okay" London hiccuped from under the covers.

Ermias sighed rubbing his face, hearing her cry confirmed that a change needed to come and fast.