A deep rooted Companionship

(This chapter would be from the time when Wei was unconscious)

Xi Chen's POV:

"Yes, I agree to the acquisition of the smaller company, we can expand our bases and get a better insight of the market at consumer level" I inform and agree to the points made by my Directors in our meeting, when I receive a call. My secretary, places the phone in front of me and I know immediately that it's Yibo, she knows during meetings I would never answer a call unless with an specific instructions that if it's Yibo, then she has to give me the phone.

"Kid"

"It's.... Wei... he's..." I immediately get up from my seat and everyone stands "I'll call Dr. Simon Hue immediately. Don't worry, I'll be there soon" I cut the call and dial Hue's number and instruct him to go to Could Recess immediately.

I dismiss the meeting and rush out of the room to be with my brother.

---

Watching Wangji all broken down is something that I never wished to see. My baby brother. How much more has he to suffer?

Hue explains to us that nothing is wrong with Wei, just that it's fatigue and he'd regain his consciousness soon but we know, we know what he's going through.

Wangji informed me that Wei had heard him play the Wangxian.

Wei.

"Kid, we need to inform Yong and Alden. You stay here, I'll call them" he nods not taking his eyes from his beloved.

Patting his head I leave the room. Never did I ever think that I'd be calling Yong like this.

He picks up my call in the second ring.

"Hello?"

"Yong it's me, Xi Chen, Yibo's brother"

"Brother Xi Chen" he pauses, he knows somethings not right "Is everything alright?"

"Could you and Alden come to Cloud Recess as soon as possible" I say calmly.

"What's wrong?" I can hear muffled noises in the background.

"It's just... If you can tell me where you both are, I'll send my driver to pick you up" I try to calm my voice.

"No that would take time, we'll be there soon" he hangs up and luckily he knew not to ask any further questions.

Closing my eyes I pray "They're kids, they were kids back then too, barely 16 years of age. Fate was cruel to them back then, let them be happy in this lifetime. Please."

---

"Master, your guests have arrived" just as uncle informs me, Yong and Alden barge in. I stand up and quickly lead them to Wangji's bedroom. I stop before we enter "You both must know, Wei heard Wangji play Wangxian. He's unconscious. The doctor came and examined and said it's just fatigue but we all know that's not the case, so please be prepared" I open and we enter.

I hear Alden gasp and immediately sit on the side of Wei. Yong goes rigid next to me and his eyes are affixed on his Wei. Emotions play in forefront and for some reason I don't want them there.

"Yong" I whisper. He shakes from his stupor and he puts on a brave face and walks by Wangji's side. Sitting beside him, he whispers words of encouragement softly "He won't leave you, he's here for you, he won't leave you, Wangji" at that Wangji's head bends down and we can see his shoulders shaking.

He's crying.

Unable to sit there and watch his Wei suffer, Yong leaves the room in hurry. I follow him out when I hear him roar and he falls on his knees. Running up to him, I crouch in front of him and my heart breaks when I see him wailing. Unable to not give him comfort, I pull him to my chest and he clutches my back. I hear him cry, pour his heart out, his anguish. When the tremors stop, I sooth the hair and suddenly he looks up at me.