Chapter 3: Twins and Trouble

"I wanted to be alone for awhile after my little... incident." Katy was outwardly calm, but she was mentally cringing, realizing now how childish that sounded.

Something flickered in the man's dark eyes and then he spoke coldly, "You'll have to get used to that kind of thing."

Katy bit back a disrespectful response and nodded, "Yes, sir.  I'll be going back in now."

"Good." he said without moving his lips.

Katy walked past him and went back into the Great Hall.  She sat down as far away from Draco as she could get and concentrated on listening to the Headmaster's speech.  The man in black swept past the Slytherin table on his way back to the teacher's table and Katy's gaze flickered to him for a moment.  She wasn't quite sure what to make of him.  He wasn't outright rude, be he didn't exactly seem to be the friendly type.  Pushing the unpleasant Professor out of her mind, Katy focused again on the Headmaster's speech.

"...This tournament will be hosted here at Hogwarts." he was saying, "Our guests from the north and south will be arriving in October.  And that is when the Triwizard Tournament will officially begin."

Katy sighed inwardly, "Guess I'll have to ask the others later about what he said."

"Now." the Headmaster smiled around the room at all the students, "Dig in!"

Plates laden with food appeared on the tables and people began helping themselves.  As Katy started eating, she looked across the room to the Gryffindor table.  Fred looked up and caught her eye.  He grinned and winked, causing Katy to choke on her food.  Regaining composure, she felt another pair of eyes on her and turned to see the dark robed Professor's gaze flicker from her to Fred, then back to her.  He had an odd expression on his face for a few moments, before looking down at his food.  Katy was about to return to hers as well, when she noticed that the Headmaster had been observing all this with an amused smirk.

"What goes on around here?" Katy wondered silently as she busied herself with eating.

When the food was gone, all the dishes vanished and a boy and a girl stood up at each table.

"Ravenclaws follow me please." said the girl a couple tables over.

All the students at that table got up and followed the girl out of the hall, with the boy trailing behind.

"Gryffindors please follow me." said a boy on the other side of the room.

As they were leaving the hall, Fred sent a paper bird flying over to Katy.  Upon landing in front of her, it flattened itself out and she saw there was writing on it.

Come back here as soon as you can tonight.

Katy looked up to nod in agreement, but they were already gone.

"Alright Slytherin's, follow me." said the brown haired boy from Katy's table as he headed for the door.

The rest of them got up and followed him out.  As they made their way through the corridors, Katy stared in amazment at the moving portraits on the walls.  They finally reached what appeared to be a dead end passageway. 

The brown haired boy marched up to the large painting at the end and spoke to it, "Pureblood."

The man in the painting nodded and the portrait swung open to reveal a short tunnel leading into another room.  Once inside, Katy stood still to take it all in.  The floor, walls and arched ceiling were all made out of stone.  A fireplace was built into the back of the room, in front of which lay an expensive looking silver and dark green rug, with expensive looking dark colored furniture sitting on it.  On the right side of the room, there was a doorway leading to an upward spiraling staircase.  This was mirrored on the left side of the room as well.