Chapter 4: Mai's Dreams

Authors Note: Yay, up to chapter 4. I thought this would be short chapters, but I decided to make it as long as I can. So please comment, vote, share, and most importantly Enjoy!:)

        CHAPTER 4: Mai's Dreams: 

        Mai didn't move as the little girl began to stroke her hair. Her smile so large, her eyes so red, her body so cold. Mai watched Showen as well. He didn't move. He stood there with his eyes as scared as Mai. 

        "No matter how old you are," Mai thought. "You will always be afraid of things..."  She moved her hand up to start her own exorcism that Hosho and Ayako taught her. 

        "Don't be stupid." the little girl whispered in her ear. She pulled Mai's hand to her side. "You aren't strong enough to hold spirits back. Not me or the others. You're weak." 

        Mai struggled again, but the little girl was stronger. She didn't get it anymore. Who was this girl? Why had she been doing this? Why didn't Showen ever tell his sister? She shut her eyes, she wasn't ready to die yet. It was the opposite. She wanted to live! 

        "Why do you even bother forming a team with the others?" She asked. She twirled Mai's hair. "You can't do much. All you can do is make tea. Or coffee. You're just a dog to them." She laughed. "But, they trained you so well. Don' t you think? Keeping you on their leashes!"

        "How dare she say such things about my friends!" Mai thought. She became angry. 

        "..." The little girl grinned wider leaning closer into Mai. "I can feel the anger. Your body is shaking from it. What would you like to do to me? Yell at me? Kill me? Please tell me." She removed her hand from Mai.

        "I don't care what you do with me." Mai said. "But, don't you dare speak about my friends this way. It's nothing you can do. They will find you, both of you, and you will be forbidden from this house. You will be vanished!" 

        She rolled her eyes. Mai moved out of the way grabbing a hold of Showen's hand. She saw the other spirit had taken a hold of him. She grit her teeth and began to yank sending them both flying out of the room.

        "Come on!" Mai screamed. She grabbed his collar and ran with him half dragging, half running. She turned to the living room falling to the ground on her knees. "Naru!" She screamed. 

        "What happened?" Masako asked. She lifted her eyebrows. "Don't tell me you saw a spirit."

        "Well, that's funny because..." Mai took a breath. "I think I just saw one."  She pointed behind her. "Some where back there."

        Naru stood up putting his notebook on the table. "Masako, do you sense anything?"

        Masako shook her head. "I don't sense any of the spirits. Mai needs some sleep." 

        "Would you jus-" Mai felt cold hands wrap around her waist. Multiple hands began to reach for her grabbing her by the hands and arms. "This is how Naru was!" She thought. 

        "Mai!" Naru yelled. He reached for her hand taking a hold of it and started to pull back.        

        "AH!" Mai screamed. She held onto him for dear life. "Don't let go!"

        Ayako, John, Lin, and Hosho began to exorcise all murmuring their chants. When nothing seemed to be working, they did it again and again as quick as they could, but they began to stumble over their words. After nothing began to work, they helped Naru into pulling Mai back. The hands were too strong.