𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐭

He was typing for too long, my nervous system was going haywire and I started to overthink. Maybe I'm too ugly or I made him uncomfortable.

Richard: Just a family emergency. Didn't have time to explain.

Taron: Oh I'm sorry...

Taron: What happened? (If
you don't mind me asking)

Richard: My mother is sick is all.
I'll text you later, yeah?

Taron: Of course.
Sorry about your mum.

Richard: 🖤

Third Person

The boy felt terrible for him. He didn't deserve that. He really hoped his mother was gonna be okay, for the sake of Richard's happiness.
He put down his phone and sighed.
"Maybe a bath and a cup of tea would make me feel better."

*

I woke up the next morning with a text message from Jamie asking if I wanted 'catch up' at a coffee shop, perhaps. Of course I wanted to talk with him. It's been almost two weeks and I think I'm slowly starting to go insane.

*

"Oh my god, Hey!" Jamie pulled his friend into a tight hug and he automatically hugged back. "I see you actually dress properly now, huh?" The shorter man joked and sat across from Taron.
"Yeah, I guess. Also, I got you that weird frappe thing you like."
"Gosh I love you, mate." Jamie took a sip and crossed his arms. "So, T, how's it going with that Richard lad?"
"I don't know what you're talking about" A very flustered Taron sank into his seat and nipped at his coffee.
"I'm not dumb.......Soooo what's he like?"
Taron's cheeks turned a dark shade of pink as he began talking about the man.
"He is so sweet, he actually somewhat cares about how I feel- Is that too much for someone who's only known him for a short amount of time? Ah, whatever. I don't care. Anyway, he came to my flat yesterday and-"
"Ooo, Spicy. I want details!"
"Ew Jamie that isn't even close to what happened. We ordered pizza and watched a film. I wanted to do more. So much more...but like...he got a phone call and he never came back inside." The green eyed boy looked down and fidgeted around with his hands.
"Oh I'm sorry, Mate. Did he fill you in?" Jamie gave his friend the 'oh I feel bad but I don't know what to say' look.
"Yeah. He said his mother was ill or something of the sort."
Jamie looked down at his buzzing phone and smiled as if he'd met his dead idol. Sorry I gotta go. See you soon, babe??" He got off the chair and quickly put on his jacket.
"Uh yeah sure I guess."

Taron threw his keys on the kitchen counter and flopped on the sofa. Richard automatically took over his brain and he wouldn't go away. He wanted to call him so bad but he figured maybe if Richard actually wanted to talk to him, he would've called by now. Taron started thinking about how lonely he actually is. Perhaps, it's unhealthy. Charlie is doing god knows what and Jamie probably has a whole other life he speaks to no one about. "I just need a nap." Taron thought.

A few days had passed and Taron started overthinking once again. He drank a cup of cold medicine and was out like a light within a half hour. He hasn't slept like this since he was an infant.
The boys slumber was interrupted by constant knocks and bangs on the door, he had thought it was the police. "Jesus fuck." Taron groaned and took his time walking to the door. He opened it and saw the unexpected. Richard. "Rich, what are you doing here? I was sleeping."
"I'm so sorry, Taron. I've been ignoring you and I really apologize, I'm sure that was affecting you like mad. I know how sensitive you are." Richard looked and sounded as if he was being held at gunpoint. "You could've just texted that to me, Richard. Are you okay? It looks like something else is bothering you."
"Yeah of course. I'm great. Can I come in now? It's freezing." The brown haired man gulped. "Uh yeah of course. Would you like some tea?"
"No thank you. Can we just sit down and talk to each other? It's been driving me mad. I want to get to know you. I want to know what your favorite color is, who your idol is, what music you like...I want to know about your family and I wanna hear your embarrassing childhood stories or whatever the hell." Richard didn't breathe once throughout that whole sentence. "Why?" Taron regretted that. The person you fancy came all the way to your flat in the middle of the night just tell you that you've been on their mind so much it was driving them mad and you just ask 'why?'
"Sorry. I meant Yeah. I'd love that."

"Shit, here comes the sun." Taron groaned. Richard began laughing hysterically. "Sorry, that was just the best pun I've ever heard."
The boys had been talking for hours, on and on about music they both enjoyed, embarrassing childhood memories, etc. They had so much in common. They've pretty much had just been laughing and smiling for many hours straight. The sun began to rise and neither of them were tired one bit. "I know, I'm hilarious. Want me to make breakfast?"
"Why make me breakfast when there's literally a whole meal right in front of me." Richard joked. "Did you just make fun of my appearance?" Taron put a hand on his chest, joking along. "I called you attractive you nitwit." Richard playfully rolled his eyes.
"I know what it means. Don't give me that tone, sir!" Taron walked towards the man he fancied and felt confident as ever. "Oh yeah? What are you gonna do about it?" Richard looked down at the boys lips and back into his eyes. "I'll ghost you. Muahahaha!"
"You are so EVIL." The older male rapped his arms around the younger's waist and began tickling him. "Richie! Rich- Richard Madden I will murder you." Richard finally let go and Taron gave him a death stare. "You love it." He teased.

This is one of the first fan fics I've ever written. I can see y'all silently judging me through the screen. Thanks for all the reads btw, means a lot