𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

The sun peaked through the curtains, waking Taron. On a normal day he would've most likely turned the opposite way and went back to sleep.
But he actually felt quite good that day...to the point where he actually got dressed and ate proper breakfast.
After that, he didn't have much to do. Charlie was most likely busy being a Mummy's boy and Jamie was at work. "Why not get food for my flat? It's been like a month anyway." He thought.

He plugged in his earphones and walked inside the supermarket. Music always made him feel like he was in his own world and it made him less nervous.

"Okay...two more things." He mumbled to himself.
He rushed from one side of the supermarket to another ,
The music was keeping him in a zone.
He was looking around at the vegetables when he had heard someone speak to him, but the music completely blocked out their words. He quickly pulled his earbuds out and turned to face the person. "Sorry, I didn't get tha-" To have only realized that it was the handsome blue eyed man from the night before. Cliché.
"Oh, I'm sorry. I said 'Hey, Taron'." Richard repeated and gave him the biggest smile. "God, even his teeth are perfect...and he remembered my name." Taron thought.
"You remembered my name, erm, Richard?" He replied, saying it in a tone as if he wasn't thinking about him all night until he fell asleep.
The blue eyed man chuckled and rubbed Taron's shoulder. His thick Scottish accent flowed between his lips like water in a stream. "I'm surprised as well. Not very good with names unless the person stays on my mind."
He blushed when Richard admitted to thinking about him. "Soooo, what are you doing here?"
"Um-" Richard gestured to the very few things he was carrying. "Oh yeah! Right. I'm kinda dumb. So- anyway. That's cool." He tried to laugh it off but probably made the energy even more uncomfortable. "You're not dumb, mate. Putting yourself down won't do any good." Silence filled the air and at this point Taron had figured he was bothering him or holding him up.
"Alright, well it was nice seeing you again. I'm working tonight. You and your mates should pop in." Richard playfully winked and shot finger guns at the shy lad.

He got home and put everything in it's specific place. When he finished he had checked the time but it was still really early in the day.
"Ah whatever" He had decided on watching one of his favorite movies, Scott Pilgrim vs. The world.

By the time the movie was over it was about 4:00. Jamie should be off of work by now and Charlie should be off his moms tit since she works evening shifts.
Taron picked up his phone and texted the group chat.

Geeks

Taron: Hola amigos

Charlie: Sorry I don't
speak Italian

Jamie: You're not funny ^

Taron: kinda wanna go out tonight

Jamie: Who are you and what
did you do with Taron

Taron: I'm serious mate

Jamie: Well alright then

Charlie: I'll pick you guys up at 7:00 ;)

He had about 3 hours to get ready. Usually he would just slip on the first jumper and pair of trousers he could find. But no. He had to look good tonight. For himself. Yeah that's it.
He looked through every piece of clothing he had yet he still couldn't find shit to wear. Just great.
"Might as well go out and buy something."

He spent about an hour and a half going to different shops looking everything up and down. Whenever he thought he had found something nice, he'd try it on and immediately feel insecure. He had one last outfit left to try on. He thought if this outfit doesn't workout then he's not even gonna go out at all anymore.
It was a plain red button up and some black velvet flared trousers.
He looked at himself in the mirror and smiled at the way it looked. It was perfect.

Taron got into the passenger seat and sighed. "Wow...you look...hot" Jamie said. "For once" Charlie added on. Jamie turned around and smacked his shoulder which made Taron chuckle. "Thank you".

They walked in and immediately got seated by some busty blonde. "Your waiter will be right with you" The woman flirtatiously winked at the boys and walked away. The boys searched the menu even though they all knew they were gonna end up getting the exact same thing as last time. "Hello, I'm Richard and I'll be your waiter tonight. Can I get you anything to drink?" Taron looked up to see the handsome Scottish man looking perfect as always. "U-Um I'll have a water." His confidence had all gone away. All of a sudden he just felt like an idiot and wanted to go home and change his outfit.
"We'll both have the same." Charlie chimed in. "I'll be right back" Richard clicked his pen and went to the back. Taron sank into the seat and put the menu over his face. "Guys, be honest, I won't get angry. Do I look like an idiot?" He mumbled like a child. Jamie crossed his legs and folded his arms.
"Well you're sitting like a 5 year old and you have a menu over your face. So yeah pretty much, mate." Charlie giggled. "Why are you always laughing at me?" Taron sat up and the two of them started shouting unkind things to each other back and forth. "Okay ladies here are your waters. What would you guys like to eat?" He flipped open his notepad and clicked his pen once again. "Gotcha. I'll go put this order in real quick."

"God what's taking him so long I need a refill" The youngest complained. "He's probably busy with others. Be patient." Jamie responded. "See there he is now"
"Sorry I took a while...I'll go get your refills...Taron would you come with me for a second?" He casually asked as if Taron's friends wouldn't think anything weird. "Umm" Charlie raised an eyebrow and at this point both boys were confused on how they knew each other. "I'll be right back" Taron whisper shouted.

He walked beside Richard through a few small hallways. He had finally built up the courage to ask why he wanted to speak with him. "What is it?" Richard opened the door to a random closet that was most likely where the janitor stored their supplies. It was pretty spacey though. "I just wanted to tell you that you look very handsome tonight." They were standing so close that they could feel each other's breath on their faces. Taron really wishes he could somehow get hit by a bus right then and there. "Th-Thank you. You lo-look handsome all the time."
"Oh thank you" Richard blushed. "Um..shall we go now? I'm getting claustrophobic." Richard slammed the door shut before Taron could open it all the way. "One more thing. Do you like wanna hang out sometime? As friends?"
Taron smiled and nodded. "I'd like that."