Imagine 4

It's been a while since y/n has last seen the hidden leave village. It was night, but she could still make out every feature of the thick wall around the village. The young shinobi left about five years ago, when she was nineteen, for a mission. Y/n left to gather intel from an underground organization. She sent information back to the village every month, but after almost a year y/n messed up and got locked into a cell by them. So when she could finally escape the only thing that was on her mind was getting back home, but now that she is actually here, she didn't know any more if it was a good idea.

"Pull yourself together." Y/n cursed herself for stopping.

She pulled the hood of her black cloak farther over her head and stepped into the village. Now the feeling of relieve to be back again mixed with her fear from coming home and made her feel just weird.

"Who's there?" A voice asked.

Y/n looked to her right to see Izumo and Kotetsu. The kunoichi pulled her hood back to reveal her face and smiled, but the two shinobi didn't recognized her.

"He asked you a question, kid." Izumo said.

"Kid? You might be a few years older than me, but I'm not a kid, Izumo." Y/n said offended, earning her confused looks. "You really don't recognize me? Well I guess it understandable. I've been gone for five years." She mumbled to herself. "I'm y/n. Y/n l/n. We're friends." The shinobi explained a little hurt that they forgot.

"Stop fooling around. Y/n died four years ago." Kotetsu said, now angry that this imposter just used the name of his past friend.

"I don't think she is lying. Look at her face." Both of them studied her face. "She does look like her." They gave each other a look, nodded and suddenly y/n was hugged by two men.

"It's good to see you alive, y/n." Izumo said.

"You know who will be really happy to see you?" Y/n shook her head. "Kakashi." He said with a grin on his face.

Izumo started to grin too. "You should surprise him. He'll sure be happy to know you're not dead."

"I will." The female shinobi said, starting to head in the direction of Kakashi's apartment, but she wasn't going there. She had something else in mind. The young shinobi made her way towards the Memorial Stone. When she arrived she looked at it and really, her name was in craved in there. Y/n felt a little sting. She couldn't even imagine the pain her friends went through. Suddenly she felt a presence behind her.

"So you're really alive, hm?" Kakashi said. The feeling of sadness and guilt vanished immediately as she heard his voice.

"They really put my name on there." Y/n said.

"You hadn't reported for three months, so the Hokage declared you dead. I tried to tell him you're too stubborn to just die." Kakashi said as he got closer.

"He could have waited a little longer than three month." Y/n mumbled.

"Well after four years even I got a little scared someone got you to shup up." Kakashi joked. He now was standing directly behind her, his hands making their way to her waist to pull her towards him.

"Come on. No one can silence me." Y/n joked back. "Still, I don't like seeing my name on there."

"So what happened?" Kakashi asked.

Y/n turned in his grip so they were looking at each other. She grinned as she finally got to see his face, well one eye, again after five years. "Ya know, what always happens. I make a joke, they don't understand my sense of humor and suddenly I'm tied up in a cell, never being able to finish my joke."

"So you insulted their lea...?" Kakashi asked, being interrupted by y/n.

"Yes, I insulted their leader." Kakashi chuckled under his mask. "But in my defense, it was a very funny joke and everyone thought it, it just so happened I was the one to say it."

Kakashi laughed and pulled y/n closer to him, enjoying the feeling of holding her in his arms again.