Ch.10 Baby Shopping

Start from the beginning

"Ah. It was just Murthy uncle. Guess finally Ma wants us to return back home. We have the jet scheduled for day after tomorrow evening. Finally we will be going back home.", he comes and hugs me from back.

"Hmmm...", that was all I could say. I was happy to go back home. To Ma and Dad, Megha, Ajay, Tani, Trisha. But back home meant, he would go back to being like before. Or maybe not. It was so nice here, just me and Arjun. I just don't know. I continued drying the dishes, while Arjun stood quietly watching,  behind me.

I finish and stand there near the sink looking out of the window into the dark bitting my lip as tears threaten to fall. Arjun comes behind me and turns me to face him.

"What happened kitten?", he cups my face in both his hands. I shake my head and mumble a nothing. He hugs me tightly like trying to put back my broken peices together. I stay there finding comfort in his arms.

After a few minutes he pulls back and asks me to wait a second. He rushes to his room and comes back with a leather case, like one of that you use for guitars and a candlestick. He pulls me out into the backyard where there was a ladder attached to the roof. Telling me to climb behind him, he starts climbing the ladder, slinging the case to his back and the candlestick in one hand. I too climb and he helps me onto the roof.

Finding a place to comfortably sit on the slopping roofs Arjun puts the candlestick in the middle. There wasn't any candle on it, just a small pole like thing with a small LED bulb on the top. He switches it on and took out a guitar from the case.

"Back when I was a kid, we used to come here often. It was kind of Ma's escape from her daily life back home. And whenever I got upset while staying here, I used to come sit here like this and play my guitar. No one knows I play this except for obviously my parents, siblings and closest of my cousins and friends. Its been really long since I played and I don't know what is bothering you, but I guess I could soothe the pain away." With that he start up and look up at the sky.

And I found a new cure for my aching heart, his music with the night sky smiling at us......

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

After a long day of packing and cleaning the cottage, we bid our goodbyes and see you soon to the Murthys and get on the jet. After half a days flying we reach home, it was already close to breakfast time. Ajay had come to pick us from the airport. And sure enough, there is Ma, Dad and Megha at the door with smug smiles on their face.

Greeting with hugs, we walk inside when a certain blonde girl runs and crashes into Arjun, squealing loudly his name. From looks she must have been in her late twenties, with a model like body. Arjun hugs her back with the same enthusiasm and that leaves me boiling inside.

She turns to me with a smirk and my body goes rigid. I clench my fist trying to put check on my emotions. I'm throwing the don't judge a book by its cover theory out of the window. I have her. And I guess it's just not me who hates her. Megha's hand which was wrapped around mine tightens. She pulls me upstairs leaving the others down.

Getting inside my and Arjun's room, Megha locks the door behind us. She stomps over to the bed and sits there. I sit beside her and take her hands in mine, rubbing circles with my thumb on the back of her palm when her eyes start watering.

"She's just sooooo irritating. Starting from the day she came here, she's been all over Ajay. Saying they had a past. If they had something then why tell me?", she sniffs and wipes her face with the back of her hand.

I know I shouldn't be asking this to an emotional Megha, but I too need answers., "Actually who the hell she is?"

Megha turns to look at me as if I had grown an extra head then shakes her head., "Remya. Ajay's cousin." Then suddenly her eyes well up and she throws her arms around me. "She threatened me, cupcake. She told she would remove me and our baby from Ajay's life."

I hold her tightly just as another sob breaks out. Rocking her slightly she calms down soon. "Did you tell Ajay about it?"

She pulls back and wipes under her eyes, "Yes! And then what? He said she was usually like that and was only joking. God! Why should men be so blind?", and then again she starts bawling her eyes out.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

One month has flown by, and let me say a lot has changed.....

One, I resigned my job a week back.

I had gone with Megha for her monthly check up, last month and the doctor said she couldn't stress more. Her baby meant my baby. And no stress for her meant I had to always be there by her side.

She had already resigned her job the moment she came to know she was pregnant, wanting to be with her child through all his moments. And yes it is a he. No job meant no stress for her but with Remya at home, it was double the stress at job. Also I myself wanted to keep an eye on Remya. So it was just me, Megha and Ma all the time together, filling each other with gossips and lots of food.

That was not all. Though I did love my job I couldn't properly think and concentrate without my emotions going haywire and I have been feeling ill lately. With constant tiredness and a bit of cravings. Guess Megha was rubbing me off.

Two, Arjun.

Well, nothing is okay anymore.

The main reason I started spending my whole day with Megha was, Arjun is back to how he used to be. The first two days after back from the island he was same cuddly and affectionate version of Arjun. But after that he slowly started avoiding me and now we are back to strangers.

It hurts like really hurts. But I stopped crying and throwing fits with myself after a week. I had filled in on Megha with everything but didn't dare say anything to Ma. Ma would probably pull out another stunt about dropping us somewhere isolated. But I guess she did get the hint of the situation. And they were all that I needed.

And finally comes Remya.

You can't say she has changed. It is more like she has shown her true colours. She has everyone in house stringed to her, like her puppets. Well except us..... me, Megha and Ma. The best way to get out of her clutches was to ignore her, like Ma said.

And ignoring her gave us time for getting ready our baby boy's room. We ourselves had tried painting it and decorating it. And only some furniture to the room as well as some more clothes were remaining. We had planned to go for a baby shopping evening and was now dressing up.

We first go for the furniture and then the clothes. So that we could select the best outfits for our boy.

Halfway through the clothes purchase I suddenly felt sick. Like something bitter had been turned up inside my stomach. The sides and corners of my vision were turning blue-black. I hold on to the rack of clothes for balance when I feel my knees giving out. I hear loud noises coming from around me and someone holding me. But before I could comprehend anything everything goes black....

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

******************************************

Here comes another update..........