Ch.4 Honeymoon

Pooja's P,O,V

One month had passed since my marriage to Arjun. I had grown close to everyone in the house. We had seven maids, three of them worked in the kitchen while the others did the cleaning and laundry of the house, two gardeners and four securities. They all were given leave during weekends. Taniand Trisha helped me in getting to know their aunts and uncles. Arun uncle, youngest of dad's siblings his wife Divya aunty and kids Rahul who was seven and Keerthi who was ten, were my favourites.

My parents hadn't cared to call me even though they did call Megha once every week. Megha and Ajay they were the cutest couple in the family and I am genuinely happy for her. One weekend Ajay talked Ma into letting them to prepare lunch but somehow it turned into a food fight between them. When Ma went into check on them she went crazy seeing her spick and span kitchen turned into a mess, truth be told it was fun to see Ma scolding them like school children. We all had to order take out that afternoon and Ajay and Megha were made to clean the kitchen under Ma's supervision.

Arjun was still the same. He would only come home close to dinner time and even skipped it six or seven times in this period. We were still on the friends page. I tried my best, like asking him if we could have lunch together or could we go out for dinner together. But he didn't even seem to care that I was trying to work our marriage. He didn't even be that good friend/roommate who asked how was your work or did you eat or any of that. He didn't seem to notice me. What was worse is that even for one weekends he wasn't present at home, when Ma was specifically strict about everyone being at home during weekends.

After two weeks into marriage I guess his parents understood what was happening. Last weekend, that was day before yesterday Dad and Ma were in the backyard seated near one of the picnic tables and I had gone to serve some tea for them when Ma made me sit with them. They told me how sorry they were that they had to pull me into this mess and how much of an idiot Arjun was to see what he is missing. Ma was in tears and Dad was so angry by the time they had finished talking about how Renuka was using him. I didn't know what to say, so I did the only one thing that came to my mind. I held both Ma's and Dad's hands in mine and told them I would get their Arjun back.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Dinner was on full swing with everyone cracking childhood jokes when Ma decided to drop the bomb. She called out for everyone's attention and then began,

"Everyone, I would love to give my beloved sons and their beautiful wives a small gift as they have successfully completed one and a half monthof their marriage and also because the newly weds are just workaholics...", she pauses with a smile for everyone to stop their laughs and hands an envelope to Ajay then another to Arjun and then contine, "I wish both the couples to enjoy their honeymoon. Ajay and Megha will be leaving next week and when they return after two weeks Arjun and Pooja will be leaving."

Ajay was about to open his mouth but Ma continued, "No need to thank me dear. I just did what every mom would do. Also don't think about your business CEOs your dad will take care of it till you return. After all he did take care of both your business alone once. She looks at her husband and it was clear on their faces how much they loved each other.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Ajay and Megha had already left for their honeymoon and they will be returning next week. Ma's friend had arranged a party for his business success and she had talked me into taking me along with her, since dad was busy with Ajay's business. Though she didn't tell who her friend was and told me it was a surprise.

I was dressed in a pale pink designer saree, with minimum makeup and my hair tied a stylish bun behind along with a few ornaments that Ma picked up for me. We reached the hotel where the party was held only to find a huge crowd of paparazzi in front of it. We both get out of the limousine and walk towards the hotel and pose for a few photos and then continue to the banquet hall.

Ma had already explained me what to expect. The papparazzies were one thing. Since the day Arjun's father had started his business and became successful in a few years, the family was followed by them. And also since her friend was some big shot they were bound to be here.

The party was in full swing with couples dancing in a side, a small bar on the other side and tables and chairs with name slips on them around the room. The room was mostly occupied except for a few more guests to come. The banquet hall looked beautiful. No more than beautiful. I was dazed by the and didn't notice the host until Ma gave my hand a tug. Turning to see the host my mouth falls open. I couldn't believe my eyes. I even pinch my hand to know that I'm not dreaming. The great Shaheed Khan was there standing before me with a big smile.

I had always wanted to meet him in person from the day I came to know about him. For everyone in Event Management field he was our guru. He was looked up to by each and everyone. I had once told Ma about wanting to meet him. But I didn't know he was her friend and even she didn't care to tell me.

I was still in shock when the introduction were over and we were seated along with him on his table. They were both in the same college except for the fact that Ma was his senior. From then on they had this bestfriend relationship even though she was 3 years ahead.

Soon the couples dispersed from the stage and a man came with a microphone and started the welcome speech and called on Shaheed sir on to the stage. After his wonderful speech where he mentioned Ma as his bestfriend and sister and thanks for her help and support throughout his life, we had an excellent dinner. As the dinner came to an end, Shaheed sir asked me out for a dance which I hesitantly agreed.

As soon as the dance was over I excused myself to washroom. Returning from there I got to see my boss and his wife. After a little talk I returned back to my table. I could see Ma and sir talking and from their expressions it was pretty serious. I slowed my pace so that they could get more time. I reached the table and smiled at them as if I didn't notice the tension in the atmosphere. It was getting awkward with no one speaking when suddenly Ma's phone rang and she excused herself from the table.

"You have grown into a beautiful woman Pooja. Even back when you were a kid you looked so cute.", Sir said with a lot of warmth. I couldn't pinpoint what emotion he was feeling because he did hide it very well.

"You saw me when I was kid?", I couldn't believe it. There were only rare occasions I met outsiders when I was a child so this did surprise me.

"He smiles and his eyes too shine with it, Back then too you were so curious and excited even for small matters."

It is true. I am a curious one but I didn't let anyone see that side of me especially in front of my parents. Then you would be knowing my parents?

His body goes stiff and before he could answer Ma comes with a big smile on her face and lets him know that we had to leave. He walks us to the front of the hotel and bids us goodbye and tells me specially to take care of myself. Ma had that big smile all this time. As soon as we enter into our limousine I ask mom what was happening when she told me the happiest news,

"Megha is pregnant!"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

***********************************

Just wanted to know.......
How many books have you completed reading on wattpad?