Welcome Back

((This is going to be a really short chapter... I'll probably edit it later and add more to it~))

Chapter 1

I could feel myself becoming conscious, my mind becoming alert to my surroundings.

And following my mind, I could feel my senses clearing. The murky and icky fog that had been occupying my mind was finally beginning to dissolve, until finally, it was clear.

But now that my mind was clear, I began to wonder...

What had happened to me?

Or, better yet, Where was I?

I knew I was lying down, but because I did not want to open my eyes, whether because of fear or uncertainty, I had no idea what my surroundings looked like or where I might be.

I felt a strange and unsettling feeling come over me as I pricked and prodded my memory, trying to piece together some kind of explanation.

Nothing.

Finally, I opened my eyes and turned to face the origin of a steady sound, beeping beside me.

My eyes widened in shock.

I looked away from the machine, and glanced rapidly around the room I currently occupied.

My shock doubled.

Somehow, some freakin' way, I had ended up in the hospital.

Just before my eyes could fully adjust to the pale lighting that filled my, or at least, what I assumed to be my hospital room, I heard voices at the door. Not sure I would be expected to still be asleep, I quickly closed my eyes, forced my body to relax, and concentrated on keeping my breathing both leveled and natural.

"And you are sure they don't know? Don't even remember?"

"I don't know for sure-"

"Then you are taking an unnecessary risk Raphael."

I listened intently, noting that the voices belonged to two males, one, obviously, by the name of Raphael. But I felt that there was another in the room... Someone who was not speaking because they knew their conversation was not as private as they might have thought.

"Dante, are you listening?" the one called Raphael impatiently asked, most likely emphasizing his impatience with a glare.

"Yes, dear brother, I am."

"Then-"

But Raphael's accusation was cut off in it's infancy as the unknown male silenced him with what I assumed was a rude gesture.

"It seems," he began, taking slow steps closer to the bed, "That we have awoken our dear princess..."

Without thinking, my hand flew up as my eyes opened, and I gripped his hand, which was just inches from my face.

"It's rude to stare, you know."

"It's rude to drop in uninvited." I shot back.

"Touche." I heard Raphael reply as I blacked out and suddenly lost consciousness.