September 18, 2018.

Nichole Simm's POV.

It was around one in the morning when I heard a noise coming from a hall closet, near Mena's bedroom, I shot up in bed, knowing damn well he wasn't supposed to be back yet.

I pressed the silent alarm as I got out of bed, grabbing my phone, I quickly shut the noise off as I texted Mena. My hands shook as I did, but I knew that I had to warn him someway.

Nichole- By any chance, are you home? I heard a closet door shut.

I quickly and silently went to the kitchen. I quickly looked around, trying to find a weapon. I grabbed a frying pan and quietly walked near the living room. That is when I heard footsteps behind me, then suddenly I felt arms holding me, in complete surprise, I dropped the frying pan.

"Well, well, well. You moved yet again, didn't you, Nichole?"

My blood ran cold, it was Ron even though I couldn't see his rat-like face.

"You were a naughty girl. Moving so far away and in with a guy." He held me tightly, we were both facing the kitchen area.

I tried to wriggle free, "I moved to get away from you!" I said in greeted teeth, wishing I wasn't all alone right now.

Ron spun me around so that I was facing him, just behind him, I had the front door in view, "Well, now why would you want to move away from me?" That is when I saw it, a four-inch knife in his left hand, I swallowed hard.

Ron has a motive. Okay, stay cool and collected, if you show that you are freaked, he might cut you. I thought to myself, looking at his face.

I had to stall for time, I did press the silent alarm, so at any moment the cops would be swarming shortly, all I had to do was stall him.

"I just needed to clear my head, stay away from you so that I could clear my head." I said, softly, trying not to show that I was screaming inside my head.

He narrowed his blue eyes at me, "To clear your head?" He sounded confused.

"You know, get away from my mother, she was the one who put that in my head... That you raped me."

Ron smiled, using his free hand to touch my cheek, "See? You know that I love you and I never meant to hurt you."

I nodded, "I-I know, I'm sorry, honey." As I spoke, I heard the front door unlocking, my heart lept, someone was saving me. As I saw the door opening, my eyes widen in surprise.

Mena! Okay, okay, stay collected, don't let Ron turn his anger on that sweet, sweet guy.

I quickly shook my head, hoping Mena got my hint, "I... I am sorry, Ron. I am sorry I moved away."

Stay put, Mena. Please understand. I silently prayed in my head, looking at Ron, hoping that he couldn't sense that Mena was behind him.

Mena's head spun around looking at me, eyebrows raised in utter surprise, he pointed as he mouthed 'That's Ron?'

Ron kept talking, so he didn't know that Mena was in the apartment, "But why all the way to California?"

I struggled as his arms wrapped tightly around me, "I... I wanted to find a better journalist job..." I said softly.

"But to live with another guy, that hurts!" Ron said, shaking me slightly in anger.

"That hurts? Me moving away, to California and in with a guy? You hurt me more!" Losing my cool, "You fucking raped me!"