Chapter 20: Hidden (隠れ)

Start from the beginning

"Huh? So what of it?"
The two girls were terrified by her stare.
"We're sorry for just barging in!" The two girls said.

You look at the oiran woman suspiciously.

This woman...this is no ordinary woman. She's just spreading fear to all these poor girls. But her aura... there's no doubt about it, she's...

Zenistu interjects.
"The room was a complete mess and there was a girl crying..."
The oiran woman turns and looks at Zenistu with disgust.
"You're so unsightly. You're making me barf...wouldn't the world be better off if you died? And what's with your head?! It's just pissing me off!"

Zenistu has no words to respond from her cruel comment. You needed to get out of here with Zenistu. You two were officially in the lions den.

"This room is a total mess, and told this girl to clean it up" the woman pulls the girl up by her ear.

"Kyah!"
"Shut the hell up! Don't just scream! Clean the damn room!"
"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I will do it right away! Please forgive me!"

Soon Zenistu grabs the woman's wrist.
"...what is this?"

Zenistu...!

"Get your hands off her!"

And just before that, Zenistu gets smacked from one sliding door to the next.
"Zenistu!"

"Don't touch me so casually you hotheaded brat. Looks like you need some discipline. Tough discipline"

You ran up to Zenistu quickly checking up on his injuries. You see him unconscious and blood splattered on his mouth.

You made sure he was alive and okay. You didn't know what happened between your surroundings, until you heard the cruel woman once again.

"Maybe I was being too tough on the new girl, even though she just came in. Please treat her wounds" she says kindly to a man.

You somewhat got frustrated on how quick of an expression she puts. Soon enough you two were getting in too deep.

You decided to send Uzui a message and start secretly changing into your hunter uniform.
_____
"Like I'm saying, there's a demon at my place! This is what it was like! I'm sure!" Inosuke says.

"Well...yeah, well uh...just hold up a bit" Tanjiro said.
"Like this?! Can you tell if I do this?!"

Tanjiro tried calming Inosuke down.
"I think Zenistu, (y/n), and Uzui will come here for our regular meet up..."

Inosuke lifts up his arms.
"It was like this! I know that much"
"Yeah, yeah"

Soon you suddenly appear in your uniform and weapon"
"(Y/n), you're back! What about Zenistu?"

"Zenistu's not coming" Uzui said.
Tanjiro looked surprised.
"It's true, I barely even made it out without being caught" you said.

Tanjiro was getting worried.
"Wait, what do you mean Zenistu isn't coming?"
"I think I put you guys in terrible danger. The desire to save my wives has caused me to commit a grave mental error" Uzui says.

"Zenistu got into a feud with some strange oiran woman. He got hurt from her, so him and I got separated. Uzui I got a feeling that the demon isn't anything ordinary"

Uzui takes a deep breath and gets on his feet.
"You two, get out of here now. Your ranks are way too low. If the demon here is an upper moon, you can't deal with them" Uzui says to Tanjiro and Inosuke.

"I'll regard the people who stopped sending me letters as dead. From here on, me and (y/n) move together" he says.

You didn't seem to like the idea, but you all were losing time so no matter what you guys need to find the demon.

"No Uzui we...!"
"Don't be ashamed. Winners stay alive. Don't mess this opportunity up. Let's go (y/n)"

"(Y/n), wait!"
You turned to Tanjiro. You had no choice, but you didn't want to leave Tanjiro.

"Tanjiro...I'm sorry"
"(Y/n), let's go" Uzui calls one more time.
You grab his attention back.
"Yes"

Soon you two were gone in a blink of an eye.
_____
Going back to the Kyougoku house, a man was sitting in peace while holding a woman's clothing.

Soon a kunai knife was held on his throat.
"What happened to Zenko and Hinatsuru? Answer quickly. And don't look back"

The owner was sweating profusely.
"Zenko vanished. And Hinatsuru got sick so she went to a more lowly brothel" the owner says.

You slowly walk in front of him and kneel down.
"(Y-y/n)...? Wh-what is this? Why are you dressed like that?"

You ignored his questions.
"Please tell us what's on your mind. Is there anyone that was suspicious to you?" You asked.

The man was hyperventilating.
"Trust us, and talk. We will kill whoever it is. We'll avenge your loss" you said.

You look down at the clothing that the man held in his arms. It was stained with blood. You felt a bit of frustration inside yourself.

"That attire. Did that belong to someone dear to you that died?"
"Y-Yes..."
"Please tell who did this" you asked.

The owner's eyes was filled with tears and anger.
"An oiran named Warabi-hime. She lives in a room in the northern part of the building where the sun doesn't penetrate...!"

And so Uzui and you vanish and ended up going to the north side of the building. But no one was in the room.

"Not here. She's probably out hunting people. Come on let's go" Uzui said.

Outside you two were running out on top of the roofs of the buildings.
"We'll head to Hinatsuru's location while continuing to search for the demon's presence" Uzui said.
"Right"

"Either way, the demon will head back here at dawn. We'll put an end to this"
While going along with Uzui, you couldn't stop thinking if Tanjiro was okay.

Obviously you knew he wasn't going to back down without a fight, so you wanted to sense his presence where he is and if he's okay.

Tanjiro, just hang on.