"I don't know, Cole." I responded again and, as usual, the smile he had disappeared into a sad expression.

"Ok, Mamma." Cole said, disappearing into the living room. I was about to call him back when someone knocked on the door. Right away, I knew it was his babysitter Kira.

"Come right in please," I stated as I opened the door and closed it as soon as she got in.

"Kira, please watch over him and make sure not to open the door and windows. Also, I'm sure Cole is wondering what is going on so don't let him watch the news or any reality tv shows please, and-" I continued, but was cut off by Kira.

"It's ok, calm down Alexandra." she consoled, "I'll call you if anything goes wrong."

"I know-it's just that I don't want to leave him alone today." I stated.

"I know, but everything will be ok." She smiled, and proceeded to hug me.

I said goodbye and went to talk to Cole before leaving.

"Cole I am going to be out for a few hours-I'll see you later, okay? Please behave and listen to what Kira tells you." I told him.

"Ok Mamma, but you have to bring me a red velvet" he responded.

"Fine, but no candy tomorrow since you are going to be eating sweets today ok?" I said.

"Deal." he grinned with a mischievous look in his eyes.

I bent down to hug him as if this was the last time I would ever see him again while kissing him all over his face.

"Mamma, stop! I am not a baby anymore!" He protested while wiping the kisses off his cheeks.

I hugged him again, and told him to behave.

Walking out of the house, I was blinded by the flashes of the cameras. Reporter after reporter kept asking me questions-well, more like yelling them.

"Why did you hide your son from his father?"

"What do you think of you family's accusations?"

"Is it true that you were only after the family's money?"

"Did your marriage end because you cheated?"

"Is you son really Ashton King's child? Why hide him?"

I was infuriated by their questions. However, I couldn't answer them, for making a mistake answering their questions could cause me to lose Cole's custody.

On our way to court, Sophia and Nick, and I discussed over the strategy we planned out and everything we should be careful with.

Upon arriving, we were escorted inside by the security. Looking around, I noticed that Ashton was standing outside the door that led to the judge. I also saw Daniel on the other side, and was about to go and talk to him when we were called inside. Everyone stood, waiting until the judge walk in.

Afterwards, everything seemed like a blur. Nick and Ashton’s lawyer presented their side of the case. Time went on and it was finally time to call the people involved to testify.

First, it was Sophia who did exactly as Nick had told her. She responded every question and told the judge everything that had happen from how she met me to when we left to Italy. After her, it was Mrs. Johnson turn to testify (Ashton's secretary-I don't know if I gave her a last name but this will be it). She was truthful, even though she did not state whether or not the women inside Ashton's office was his mistress or not. Mrs. Johnson also stated how I went to see him and the way he responded.

Many testified, including my step sister and the day went on like that until it was finally time for Ashton and I to testify. Nick was the first to start with the questions.

"Did you cheat on your wife while you were still with her-yes or no?" He asked.

"Yes I did but-" Nick stopped him from speaking and continued, "Is it true that she went looking for you-however, you mistreated her and kicked her out of your office without giving her time to explain herself?" Nick asked.

To his questions, Ashton only got to answer yes or no because Nick wouldn't let him speak otherwise. When it was time for Ashton’s lawyer to ask him questions, he made sure that it was only on the topic of me hiding Cole from him.

By the time it was my turn to testify I was exhausted. Nick asked me the questions as we had rehearsed in the past. Still, when it came to Ashton's lawyers turn I was nervous.

He started asking way too many questions.

"Did you leave the country already knowing that you wouldn't tell Mr. King about your pregnancy?" he asked.

"No! It was never my plan I just needed to get away from everything that was happening." I responded.

"Did you or did you not tell my client that he had to stay away from your son?" he ask yet again.

The questions went on and on. It came to the point that they ask me about Cole and what he thought of his father. I didn't lie.

Then out of nowhere my lovely ‘sister’ started to yell out insults toward me because everything about her and Ashton was reveal during the hearing.

"ENOUGH!" The judge cut her off.

After hearing all the testimonies and analyzing the evidence, the jury came to the decision that the custody of Cole Smith will go to.......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know I have been gone for a while, but please understand and bear with me. Hopefully, from now on, I will be able to update faster. Also, who do you think will have Cole's custudy and what do you think of the chapter?

Thanks for reading,

XxxMaddyxx