The Forbidden Affair Chapter 4

Start from the beginning

                        “Yeah I did. I got the notice today.”

                        “That’s wonderful!  I can’t wait to work with you.” he replied with a huge smile on his face.

                        “Me too.” I agreed as I smiled back. I turned around and walked back to my seat next to Kathleen. Class went by pretty fast which was good because I was hungry and wanted to go to lunch. We raced down to the cafeteria and got our food. We decided to eat inside the cafeteria because we couldn’t wait to eat our food. The oak tree was kind of far from the cafeteria so it was best for us to stay inside. We started talking about next period and how it should be interesting because Lindsay finds out that I’m permanently in the class. Well the bell rang and we raced to Mr. Schneider’s class. We walked inside and he said hello to us and we said hi back. We took our seats in the front row and waited for class to start. I turned around and saw Lindsay walked into the classroom with her friend. She turned around and saw me sitting down with Kathleen. She gave me a dirty look as she put her stuff at her desk which was close to Mr. Schneider’s desk. She walked over to his desk and began to talk to him. I looked at her as she did to see if she bought him another expensive gift. But she didn’t this time. The whole time she was talking to him it seemed like he wasn’t interested in what she was saying to him. It made me laugh inside because she was too blinded to see that he wasn’t interested in her. After the bell rang she sat back down and continued to give me the death stare because she was probably confused of why I was there. Mr. Schneider walked up to the front of the classroom and had us warm our voices up before we started actually singing. When we were done he made us practice our songs while he gave a one on one chat with each student in the class. As I was waiting for him to call me I saw Lindsay walk up to me and leaned down on the desk.

                        “What the hell are you doing in here?”

                        “Well Mr. Schneider thought that I should be in his class since he heard me sing the other day.”

                        “Why? You’re not even that good in order to be in his class.” She admitted coldly as she put her hands on her hips.

            I began to feel a little sad since my own cousin would say that to me. I thought it was really mean for her to say that to me. I sighed and looked down at the desk. “He thought he could help me by improving my voice and helping grow…”

                        “Why? You said you quit singing since Mrs. Norton said you were horrible at it.”

                        “Yeah but I thought I might try again you know. I thought you would be a little supportive of me.”

                        “Alyssa, you know how I feel about you singing.”

                        “You said you didn’t like me singing because…”

                        “Because people will like your voice more and I would fade into the background because of your voice. You know I can’t have that. I mean I need something good in my life since I lost so much. I lost both of my parents at the same time. You don’t know how it feels when you lose something that means so much to you. I really need something that makes me happy again, something that makes me complete. You know singing and Mr. Schneider are the two things that are going to make me happy and complete in my life. So please don’t ruin it for me. I suffered enough painful tragedies in my life and I don’t need to suffer and experience it anymore.”