"Did you and Tommy....did you....and Tommy......." Anne started unable to get the words out.
"Say it! Did me and Tommy fuck?" Aurora snarled covering her nieces ears quickly in attempts to avoid her hearing.
"Aurora!!!"
"No Dad!"
Placing another kiss on Clara's cheek, Aurora placed the child on the ground and let out a bitter laugh.
"Mam, Dad, you know I appreciate you caring for me best interests and I know Tommy isn't your first choice but you're not giving 'im a chance! You didn't want him to take care of me Dad, you wanted him to fail so you would have a reason to hate him. You know more than anyone what it's like to be constantly judged yet you continue to do it to Tommy, your business partner. The answer to your question is no, me and Tommy didn't sleep together, he was the perfect gentleman. Now I'm going 'ome enjoy your food, oh and Jane I'll make sure to give Arthur your regards"
Giving her family one last disappointed look, Aurora turned and walked out the house leaving everyone in a state of shock and shame.

The rest of the day passed quickly for Aurora. She ignored the phone as it rang over and over, instead she did what she always did when upset, paint. It calmed her and before she realised the night had seeped into her home, surrounding her in darkness. Deciding it was getting too late, Aurora put her painting to the side and made her way up to bed, her heart still heavy in her chest. Hopefully tomorrow would be a better day, if not all she could do was try again.

A loud knock woke Aurora from her sleep followed by another, getting louder and louder each time. Forcing her eyes to open Aurora looked over at the clock.
"It's seven in the morning....who comes at.......seven in the morning?" She groaned to herself as she lifted her head from the pillow.
Aurora never woke this early, not even on work days and especially not for someone at her door. Perhaps it was important, maybe something had happened in the family but if it was urgent they would have used their spare key. Everyone in the family had spare keys to each other's house just in case anything happened. Stretching out Aurora laid there staring at the ceiling for a few moments, willing her body to wake up and make a move.
"What?" She frowned, the knocking had stopped causing the house to become silent once again.
It can't have been that important if the person had left yet as Aurora went to close her eyes in an attempt to fall asleep again she heard something hit against her window.
Stones she gathered, listening to them ping off the window, one after the other. Whoever it was wasn't going to leave and feeling her frustration build up, Aurora shot herself out the bed and stormed towards the window. Ripping the curtains open, she lifted up the window and stuck her head out.

"It's seven in the bloody morning!"
"Morning mouse"
Looking down Aurora felt a large smile creep on to her face as her frustration evaporated. He came back, just like he said he would.
"Tommy! Curly!" Aurora beamed at the two men giving them a wave, suddenly embarrassed by her rudeness.
"Tommy...brought me..to see the horses...yeah" Curly nodded playing with the hat that rested within his hands.
"Of course Curly, I'm happy you're here!"
Watching Curly's nervous face turn into one of excitement Aurora felt her heart flutter in her chest, how she adored this man and her horses would adore him too.
"And what about me Mouse?" Tommy frowned humorously turning to look at Curly then back up at her.
"Perhaps a little Tommy, I'll be right down!" Aurora giggled shutting the window and grabbing her dressing gown off the bed, she quickly made her way out the room and down the stairs.  

Aurora didn't care that they could see her running towards the door through the glass, she was excited. Today was going to be much better than yesterday, she could feel it. Unlocking the door in a fumbled rush Aurora pulled it open, happy to see that they were still there waiting for her.
"Please come in!"
Bouncing on her toes, Aurora felt her heart freeze as Tommy passed her with a wink and headed straight towards the kitchen. Waiting until Curly had cautiously followed him, Aurora closed the door and stood there with a smile momentarily before deciding not to keep them waiting. Making her way into the kitchen, Aurora smiled sweetly.
"Would you like some tea and cake while I get ready?"
"Please mouse" Tommy smiled at her as he reached for his cigarettes that remained on her table from the day before.
Feeling lost within those eyes of his, Aurora nodded slightly and turned away. The blush that has started on her cheeks was now spreading throughout her whole body.
How could she talk to him about yesterday when she blushed like a virgin bride every time he spoke?