[ Armin Arlert x Blind!Reader ]

"(Y/n)!" Armin called your name. He started to jog to you while you stood in the field, looking around to find the source. He found himself slightly amused at you. He knew you couldn't see, and of course he felt horrible that you couldn't- though saying that to your face caused you to snap. He just thought it was adorable that you kept looking around. The blond approached you and tapped your shoulder. "Hey, (Y/n)."

You turned around quickly, your sightless gaze on him. "Armin?"

He nodded out of habit. "Yeah." A smile spread across your lips. "You ready to go?"

You tilted your head. "We're going somewhere?" Armin could just hear the reluctance in your voice, as rich as molten chocolate.

"Don't worry, it'll be fun." He tried convincing you. You weren't fond of going places other than the field where you two met. People would always say nasty things about you, the blind child of a Scouts soldier and a middle class woman who drank while pregnant with you. Armin knew that even though you said it didn't bother you, it hurt. He knew you could just feel the glares burning holes into your skin. "I promise it will be fun." He wanted to confess to you. It would be a perfect time to say how much he loved you after what he had planned had taken place.

Your sightless eyes were fixated on him. It was unsettling, he had to admit. You would stare at him, or rather through him, your pale eyes creating a slightly haunting look. After a long moment, you sighed. "Alright." You took his hand in yours, making his cheeks turn a light pink. Something else that ruined your pride, you often needed someone to guide you.

He held back a small laugh, and began to guide you along the past he had taken previously without you. This path took twists and turns, winding around trees and through shrubs. He heard you quietly utter "Mother lover" as shrubs scratched at your calves.

Eventually, he stopped. You continued to walk until you bumped into him, not knowing he had stopped. The blond then turned to you, and sat you down on a moss covered rock, and reached behind the green stone. "Now, (Y/n), as soon as you hear this sound, let your mind wander." He said, smiling while he placed the base of a violin under his chin, and the bow just over the strings. Confused, you nodded, looking to where his voice came from.

If you couldn't get the vision to see the world, he would give you a world to imagine.

He closed his eyes, then began to play a beautiful tune on the string instrument. Your mind was quick to imagining.

You seen a large lake. The lake reflected the clear, starry night sky, looking almost like a separate galaxy. The waves gently rippled at the surface, the stars in the water shuddering from the chilled water. Then, slowly, a spout of water began to spray from the middle of the lake. The tower of water continued to grow as balls of light began to dance around the water, a symphony of blues, purples, and greens. The lights reflected on the water, turning the spout into a soft brightly colored pillar. The lights seemed to dance in sync with the tune of the song that filled your mind. The song faded away and disappeared after a few moments, along with the beautiful body of water.

As Armin put down the violin, he watched you with a smile. You stared out ahead of you, your gaze fixed on nothing, but everything. You looked terrified, but extremely excited at the same time. You two sat there for what seemed like hours, until you finally spoke. Your voice was barely above a whisper. "Armin?"

"Yeah?"

"I could see..." You quietly breathed, "I could... could really, really see..."

"That was my plan." Armin softly replied with a small smile.

"It was beautiful." You said, in utter shock. You could see.

You two sat in silence again, for a long time. The blond boy stared out in the trees, following your gaze, though he knew he would not see what you were looking at.

Suddenly, he felt your arms slink around his waist. You had your cheek on his shoulder, embracing him gently. "Thank you, Armin." You whispered.

Armin slowly wrapped his arms around your shoulders. "Don't thank me. I wanted to help you see." His cheeks began to heat up again as he rested his chin on your temple.

He planned to do this to confess to you. Now was his best chance. He summoned up his courage. "(Y/n)?"

"Hmm...?" You quietly responded.

He paused. "I'm glad you could see." He finally said. You let out a quiet giggle, but said nothing more.

He decided to not confess. There may not be another golden chance like this in his lifetime to confess. He was okay with that. All that mattered to him was that you were happy.

Your smile meant more than love.

_______________________________________________________

Hey uh

So sorry for not posting in so many months

Lost motivation, lost ideas, lost... Well, a lot of things that would make me want to write these.

I can't really promise that I'll have these updated more often, and I can't promise I'll get around to every request before I forget. But I do promise that I will try my damn hardest to get around to everything I need to.

To be honest, this idea happened just because I seen this picture and thought how cute it would be.

I haven't forgotten about the requests, I need to go through them again to see which ones I can and can't do.

Anyways, baka Reiko-neechan will see you lovelies later!

Thanks for all the reads and votes on these! <3