as I approached the house I gave the door a few solid knocks and took a step back, waiting for john to open the door. I didn't reply need to, John had told us all many times that we could just walk in but I always had a hunch that mimi wouldn't be too pleased with us if we actually did that. Looking around I noticed some basket and pottery stuff beside the door, probably the work of Mimis newfound passion for gardening. John had a good go complaining about it the last time I had seen him as he smelt of "fuckin lavender and shit" as he put it. Not that I could smell it over the sweat and beer from the gig we had just completed. But it seemed to matter to him.

   "Hey paulie, someone's a bit early"

   John dragged me from my thoughts as he opened the door. I grinned as I took in the state he was in. He was wearing a white shirt with a blue dressing gown open over the top. His hair was a close to a birds nest and he had his buddy holly glasses on to complete the look.

  "awe did I wake ya, John?"

  I asked, stepping inside the home past john. Who just grunted in response. Guess I'll take that as a yes. It was almost one in the afternoon though so you couldn't really blame me for assuming the prick would be up by now.

   "Fancy a cuppa? I don't see why I should be rewarding someone who interrupted my beauty sleep but i guess I'm just a generous person."

   John rubbed his eyes under the glasses before stepping aside to left me past. Doing some sort of eccentric bow as some gentlemen would do as they held the door open for a lady. I only rolled my eyes and walked past him into the kitchen where a kettle was swiftly put on the boil.
   Moments after the kettle was put into boil John picked up the biscuit tin and offered me one - which I refused. I wasn't really that hungry. Instead I leaned back against the counter as John took a seat at the small table they had in the kitchen with a few digestives in hand.

   "How was that film you and your bird went to see?"

  John spoke with his mouth full, causing crumbs to fall out his mouth. He was as graceful as he ever was this morning. I mean probably when we first met he was a bit more reserved but as I got to know him things quickly changed and witnessing things like this was just an ordinary reality of being mates with John. Privacy and shame weren't things he had in abundance, not that I mind anymore though.

  "Yeah it was good! Bridgette was great as always."

   I replied half heartedly. Bridgette was always great, I mean she could have probably of stood there without speaking a line and yet half of the world would say she was Oscar worthy, fantastic, amazing etc.

   "Oh when isn't she?"

   John smirked just as the kettle whistled. I made an attempt to get it but was only shooed away by John as he made some comment about me 'being a guest' in some overly posh voice. He didn't need to ask me how I liked my tea anymore, two sugars and milk.

  "Ta, how's cynthia?"

   I blew on my tea as I waited for John's reply. He had mentioned at some point before I went off to Scotland that he was planning some sort of date night after cynthia had gotten pissed at him for showing a lack of interest in their relationship. I do see where she is coming from if I'm honest. John wasn't exactly dedicated to much else other than the band. But still, I know he did love her a lot, if his drunk 4am ramblings were anything to go by.

  "Yeah she's good, she's been busy doing art coursework all week though so I'm taking her out on Saturday."

  He explained, taking a sip from his cup. Noticeably grimacing a bit because he's made the tea fucking scolding hot and hasn't given it an opportunity to cool down.

   "It's hot yknow"

  I smirked at him. Earning only a glare in return. Still it didn't wipe the smirk from my face.
   We drank the rest of our tea while in casual convocation. Talking about whatever came to mind as we drank. Girls - school - parents - Mimis shitty gardening etc until the mugs were discarded into the sink and John started to lead me upstairs by the wrist.

   "God John, want to take me out to dinner first?"

     "Oh shut up you poof"

  John spat as he pulled me into his small bedroom. Although his eyes were warm so I knew he didn't mean anything malicious by it. His guitar was retrieved from the floor beside his bed, most likely there from him lazily placing it on the floor before he went to sleep. It seemed more John to just leave his shit on the floor and not put it away out of laziness. It was very John indeed.

_______________
  Hey! I have a lot of idea as to what can happen in this story :) I know in paper crown I did loose interest towards the end but this one I'm sure is going to be better - hopefully anyway. Please do leave a comment if you enjoyed so I know to continue and feel free to leave any suggestions as to where you want it to go as well :)
  Instagram: phee.townsend