Ch11: Doing You A Favour

Start from the beginning

Jimin exhales in annoyance, chuckling bitterly. "Are you serious? I'm here for you, Taehyung, not for your mother and you ought to know more than anyone else. I didn't come here out of pity. Not everyone is as shitty as you are."

Jimin stands up, his chair sliding back with a screech making people stare.

"If all these years you were my friend out of pity, then I'm sorry for caringㅡ"

"Caring my ass!" Taehyung interrupts again, glaring at Jimin with shiny eyes. "If you cared, you would've been there."

"You would've been there," He repeats in a much lower voice, tears bimmering in his eyes.

Jimin's heart softens for a second, but he ignores it and walks out of the cafe, leaving a shaking Taehyung in his seat.

He heads straight to Lee's afterwards, putting on his boxing gloves the first thing and punching the bag. He doesn't wait for Lee or warms up, and only concentrates on beating the shit out of the punching bag.

His mind's clouded with thoughts, words replaying in his ears that he doesn't notice when Lee walks out and stands a few steps away, arms crossed as she watches him attack the bag.

He can still hear Taehyung's voice, saying it was all out of pity. He can still see him, eyes red as he bashes him for not being there.

Well,I had no f*cking idea, smartass, Jimin thinks. How would I be there?

Yet again, Mrs.Kim told him something went on, but he tried calling, didn't he? So he's not to blame, because Taehyung, too, could have called. Or should it have been Jimin? Because Taehyung did him a favour, and he's supposed to pay it back.

Jimin screams in frustration, his punches getting harder as the bag swings with every hit, his hands and bones aching.

"Never saw you mad before."

He freezes, turning his head to Lee. Her eyebrows are raised in amusement, arms crossed as she leans on one leg.

"Go on, you were doing fine," She says, waving her hand in the air.

Jimin shakes his head, hands falling limply to his sides as he pants.

"Who were you trying to kill?" She asks.

"No-one," Jimin says.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"Then why are you so mad?" She asks, sitting down on the floor with crossed legs. "Must be someone really annoying to get you on your nerves."

Jimin stays silent for a few seconds. "I don't know who I'm mad at actually."

"Mad at yourself?"

"Maybe."

"I used to do that, too," She says, tilting her head, "I imagined the bag as the person I hate the most and punched the f*ck out of it."

"And who may that be?" Jimin asks.

"My father," She replies.

Jimin blinks. "Do you still hate him?"

Lee shrugs. "He's dead now and is probably rotting in hell, so nah."

"Then who do you hate the most now?"

"Myself."

Jimin purses his lips. "Why?"

"Don't you?"

"I don't know."

She hums, looking away. "Who do you hate the most?"

"Hate as in... "

"As in you would kill them," She continues his sentence.

Jimin frowns. "I wouldn't kill anyone."

"Not even your bully?"

"No. I hate him, but I wouldn't kill him."

She smiles a little. "That's great. Don't ever lose that mentality."

"Would you kill those you hate?" He asks.

She nods.

"Your father?" He asks in a whisper.

She nods.

He gulps. "You?"

She doesn't respond for a while, eyes staring into blank space, but then she smiles.

And nods.

---

A/N: we going emo hours