Ch.7 Mission Accomplished

Start from the beginning

Jerk!

I storm towards the tv and pull out it's plug from the socket. I turn to face Arjun, a mix of shock and amusement on his face.

"Dare you disturb my sleep again, you would wish you were dead next second.", I use my extremely pissed off cold tone, which I usually only use in my office. I see his face going pale. I may not be the very higher up in my office but there's a reason my subordinates call me ice-queen.

Smirking I go back to my room and close the door with a 'bang' and fall onto the bed fast asleep.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Next morning I wake my, do my usual routine and spent extra two more hours with dancing, since I didn't have anything planned out to do today for the morning, before going to make breakfast. It's been long since I made something alone, as there were always maids around back at home. I make enough for two people and decide not to wait for Arjun since he hadn't woken up yet and my stomach was grumbling in hunger.

With my tummy full, sitting on the dining table I set out to read a novel which, whoever it was, had packed considerably. Probably Megha. She knew how much addicted I was with books.

An hour later a sleepy Arjun walks towards the food I had covered and kept aside for him. He opens the lid, looks inside and closes it after a minute or two's hesitation. He then walks to the kitchen takes out an egg from the fridge, searches the cupboards above the counter and stove, and comes out with bread. He makes himself some coffee, burned toasts and scrambled eggs. I silently watch till he comes and sits opposite me with a smirk.

I suddenly feel a terrible need to wipe off his smirk but resist saying or doing anything, but the need vanishes into air as soon as I see him scrunch up his face after taking a sip from his coffee. Grudgingly he eats the toast but wastes three-fourths of the egg. I sit there as if I was busy reading instead of seeing him eat his breakfast.

A part of my heart clench painfully not knowing why he didn't even touch what I made. For one, it was his favourite as far as Ma told me, second, I myself know I cook better than anyone back at home ( Ma had this crazy idea of a cooking competition one weekend and obviously I was the winner), and that was something I am proud of.

Afternoon rolled in, and soon it was lunch time. I eat over the leftovers from morning because, I really hate to waste food. And I did know what hunger means. There were times when I was starved for punishment back when I was a kid. If Arjun wanted something he was going to cook for himself. He had gone out after breakfast and hadn't come back yet.

I finish and go to the hall and switch on the tv and settle on a movie. Halfway through it, I hear the door opening and closing and turn to see a tired looking Arjun. I keep my ears sharp and lower the volume of the tv. I start mentally counting down to see when he was going to explode.

I can hear him walking past the dining table to the kitchen, opening the fridge and cursing silently, then again going through the cupboards and finally storming towards the hall.

"POOJA!", top one minute twenty eight seconds.

I concentrate on the tv, not bothering to look at him knowing very well he was right behind me and answer silently, as if he hadn't just screamed my name all the way from kitchen, "What?"

"You didn't make anything for lunch.", from his tone he was more than pissed off. Probably hunger might have turned him to a beast. Then good. He should have atleast tasted what I had made for breakfast.

I turn to look up at him. "No. Since you cooked in the morning, I thought you would be doing the same now. And no I don't need anything. I already had my lunch.", I smile as sweetly as I can.