Chaper 6: Black rocks

Rapunzel stared at the wall of black rocks hopelessly.

"Oh Eugene...what do we do?" Rapunzel asked him on the verge of tears, "Cass and Varian are both out to get us...."

"I...I'm sorry Rapunzel I don't know..." Eugene apologised and pulled her into an warm embrace, "But what ever it is...I'll be here okay?"

Rapunzel cried into his shoulder. All the pain she felt from these things were overwhelming her. Eugene held her tighter and stroked her back in a loving manner.

-

Quirin was in a different part of the lab leaving the couple alone together. He stared up at the portrait of him, his wife and a baby Varian. (For now we're gonna say that this is in the lab because I've written way to much on this and it's too good to erase so..)

"Oh Adeline, I'm so sorry...I lost you and now our son...I wish you were here...you'd know what to do....you always did..." he whispered quietly, "When we had to leave the dark kingdom and our home, you knew where to go....when you found out that we lost our families, you knew what to do...when you found out you wouldn't be able to be with me and our son forever, you...."

Quirin fell to his knees. The anguish he was feeling was unbearable, nevertheless he took a deep breath and moved a rock on the wall revealing a chest full of secrets and stories that could only be told by its owner. He dug though and pulled out a journal, not just any journal- his wife's journal.

Upon opening the worn journal the contents of it spilled out. Papers among papers of notes and drawings fell to the floor leaving the word-filled pages that were still intact. Quirin flicked through the pages and found a entry on the black rocks.

His wife has been studying the strange an unordinary for years and she took a particular interest in the black rocks that grew outside her home.

April 20th 18XX

(I have no idea if it's in the 1800s some say it's in the 1700s but I'll go with when frozen was set which was in the 1800s)

These black rocks have continued to intrigue me even further then they ever have. I recently made a discovery, the black rock it's self can destroy another. How did I get the rock off the ground? I was able to find the right formula to erode the rocks in the slightest which enabled me to take off some of the rock and use it to carve another rock.

I had to stop for a while due to Prince Edmund needing help to prepare for his coronation.

Quirin scanned the pages for the formula she used. After a few long seconds he found it, well in a way- it was scribbled out with a small note:

These rocks are too dangerous to be meddled with and I'd rather this not fall wrong hands. I haven't stopped conducting experiments on them, but I have stopped writing them down in this book.

He closed the book and placed it on the desk in despair, but some hope suddenly sparked in him. A small familiar hope that his wife always brought. He stood up upon realising something and hastily opened the book again. Among each page containing a major moment in her life there was a code.

Look for the moon.

The moon? What does that mean? He stared out of the window looking at the sunset spread orange and pink across the sky. Quirin stood up knowing what to do and left the room.

-

"Princess?" Quirin walked down calling her name, "I may have found a solution to this problem, so please don't worry your self any further."

Rapunzel nodded with a weak smile and Eugene gave her comforting pats.

———————————
Author's note:
Ack so school. This year they decided to give me homework in all 9 subjects :/
Also I'm going to keep each chapter short because I always keep it short in this book and I don't want to break the tradition. I haven't proof read thiS IM SORRY-