Chapter 3: Deal

Authors note: It's longer than usual

Varian opened his eyes to see noting but the flynnolium standing in front of him.

"Uh..... what just ha-" Varian tied to say but was cut off.

"So if you accept this deal do you'll have to do what I want in return?" The flynnolium commanded.

"It depends if I want to accept the deal. What is it anyway? I know it consists of getting my father back but..."

"I'll give you the instructions to free your father. It's a simple combination really, but you MUST use your own equipment. Not Rapunzel's YOUR equipment."

"In order to do that I have to escape..."

"Your a smart boy. I know you can figure it out."

"So what's the combination?"

"The exact same elements you used to trap your father, BUT with a hint of flynnolium and moonlight."

"Moonlight?"

"I'll teach you how to get it. Now for my side of the deal. Give me a physical form. I'm tired of sitting around in this... non physical world. I want to be out there walking and talking, but I also need an offering for my lord!"

"Your lord?"

"Preferably a soul of an animal."

"You just ignor-"

"Well do we have a deal or not!?" The flynnolium took out her hand waiting for a response.

"Who is your lord?"

"Zhan tiri of course!"

"Wait you mean the evil warlock Zhan Tiri?!"

"Look do you want to free your father all by yourself or have help by those who betrayed you? I mean yes it was your fault that he's encased, but to turn you down at your darkest hour? That's not a friendly thing to do! I mean the sundro- RAPUnzel could have easily evacuated everyone and went with you. And she didn't even come to help you after the storm was over... you know what she did? She went to a panting class and didn't bother to go check on you until YOU yourself requested her to go to your lab."

Varian's blood started to boil. The flynnolium was right. It WAS her fault. With a hungry look of revenge he shook her hand. The flynnolium smirked and spoke, "It is done. Now you best get out of that filthy dump! Oh and by the way my true name is Akumu."

Varian woke up. His face full of fury. He KNOWS Rapunzel never meant sorry.

"Filthy trash like her never change.." he angrily whispered under his breath clenching his fists.

"She will pay."

-
-
-

A day passed and Rapunzel was ready to see Varian again. She walked down the narrow staircase to the dungeons and over to Varian's cell to see a sleeping figure.

"Varian," she called out, "The guards say you've been sleeping all day. It's time to wake up."

She stared at the boy. He looked so thin and so.... wait no. She stared in shock. No it can't be.... he can't be.....

"Princess!" The guard next to her said startling Rapunzel, "Are you ok. You look pale..."

"He's not dead. Is he?" Raps said her voice slightly shaking.

"What. No. Wait he does look quite... lifeless. Oh no."

The guard walked into his cell and poked his body. It was strangely soft... and inhuman. He poked again but harder to see the shape of his body move. His face turned from shock to frustration. He pulled back the blanket to see a pile of hay.

"I'm sorry princess but... he must have escaped..."

"WHAT!"

-
-
-

Varian sat in his lab waiting for Akumu to gain her physical form. She said it would be better for her to have a form so she can trick the guards to thinking Varian isn't in his lab.

The flynnolium liquid was mixed with a special substance which ripped apart all the other elements except the flynnolium itself. Varian said his found the element in his fathers room, but it was an unreactive crystal that resembled coal, but shiny. When he used the "coal" the fire reacted differently to it making it look green. A day later he realised that it started emitting it's own heat and and a brilliant idea to turn it into a liquid and use it to make of boiling water for his village. And that's how the flynnolium became it's self a liquid.

The liquid has finally evaporated leaving small green crystals.

"Ok Varian," Akumu mischievously spoke, " just say nigeb eramthgjn eht tel."

"What?" Varian replied, "Knee grab era must give Ethel tell?"

"No Ni-geb  era-mth-gin eht tel. Now say it!"

Varian took a deep breath.

"Nigeb."
His eyes stared to turn black like ink.
"Eramthgin"
He began to float and his hair turned to a bright blue.
"Eht tel"
He raised his hand at the crystals in a fluid like motion and started forming a diamond. The lime green gem plopped on the ground and stared to glow. A form appeared. It was Akumu. She was still a lime green droopy mess, but she was now walking. She no longer had a puddle underneath her.

"I knew the moondrop would be able to set me free from that crystals curse!" Akumu said happily. Varian fell down to the ground. He quickly stood up. His eyes and hair have returned to normal.

"What happened?!" He asked shaken by the experience.

"Well let's begin getting your father free shall we?"